My projects 86 starion 1jz, 78 lancer, and 81 starlet

Figured I havent posted much in a while.

I had a 240z and sold it. I decided to finish the projects I have now before I move onto another. Besides I finally have the money to get to it.

Lets start out with my kyle style project, been damn near 2 years since I started. Lost motivation for a while. The new job has brought back the spirit of spending cash though. It was my first starion, 1986 widebody dodge plymouth conquest. Yes the only year that plymouth sold them lol. Anyhow, I broke a balance shaft guide, which is my own fault btw for not chaning the timing, she broke at 136k. Started hearing a weird noise every now and then, then finally one day I noticed I had no oil pressure, Parked the car and pulled the timing cover off. Found the upper guide had broke and my oil pump gear which is also driven off a chain that drives the upper balance shaft looked like a ratcheting gear with the drive side completely ground down. Anyhow I figured all teh metal proabbyl chewed up the bearings and what not so I just tore the engine down and was going to have it rebuilt. Stuff happened and I ended up learning about the `1jz and was sold on the idea of a inline 6.

So down tot he nitty gritty. Bought the engine from venus, my buddy and I cut the fire wall and tunnel out of the car, moved the firewall back about 2 inches, and widened the firewall a bit. We could have just banged it out, but we went for broke. I wanted every little bit of the engine as far back as I could get it as I knew it wasnt going to have the best balance ration after I was done. For those of you who dont know the starion engine bay is very small. So that was all done and the engine went in, then I got drunk one night and ruined my stock harness. I tried to fix it, but I had f'ed it up so bad I gave up. Tax return time came a while later and I decided I might as well go stand alone as I planned on it eventually anyways. Bought a Haltech e11v2 as I wanted to run sequential everything and the e11v2 was by far the best ecu for the price. Wired that up, very easy thanks to haltech with all their 2jz pinouts and basemap which work for the 1jz. I got it fires up.

Then I sold the turbos and wanted to build something cool. Car sat for a year with basically nothing happening. So now here i am with a job again and income. I picked up 2 1g eclipse 14b turbos and plan on havnig my buddy john from ETS fab up some nice tubular manifolds for them. Should be good for 500 or so rwhp I hope. As far as I know no one has ever even made a twin kit running 14bs for a 1jz.

The engine is also coming back together. I put the transmission back on for the final time today and lugged it back over to my friends garage where the car has been living. I need to bolt the alternator and ps pump back up, run my serp belt, and find my dipstick. Also need to order these overprices stationary contacts from toyota which cost 15 bucks a piece for some tiny bent pieces of copper. F'n nazi toyota. The engine should be back in tomorrow, so I can do the measurements for the driveshaft. Gonna see if i5 driveline can get her done.

1jz-04.jpg

1jz-in02.jpg

86conquest-1jz-20.jpg

1jz-wiring08.jpg

The 1978 Dodge colt coupe aka Mitsubishi LB Lancer 1600

My latest toy. Fun as hell, slow as hell and light as hell. I'm slowly turning it into a rally car. Well thats the goal at least. I plan on taking it to some rallycross here this summer when I have time. The car has a 1.6l sohc emissions choked belt drive version of the old chain drive 4g32 Saturn series engines which made more power and revved way higher. With that being said it still runs great for what it is. The car weighs in at 1872lbs stock :) I made a ghetto cheap lightbar when I was broke for it out of 2 7 series bmw lights. They look pretty damn good imo, and the light isnt too shabby. I havent hard wired them in yet as I need to find a better alternator first.

coltlancer-cleanup04.jpg

coltlancer-cleanup01.jpg

Last is my 1981 Starlet. I really havent done much of anything with it since I bought it as im still waiting for the title issue to be resolved. But I already have the pieces to the puzzle. I bought a toysport trd n2 widebody kit about a year and a half ago before I ever owned a starlet lol. It's been sitting in the apartment waiting for the day when i found a car worthy of converting. No pics of this car yet, but here is a n2 starlet to give you an idea of what they look like, and how they raced.

kp61-01.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q_0o3O5ZU4

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sweet conquest!! a friend of mine has one sitting in his yard. stock with just a exhaust. nice your's hella clean though. then there's another dude name jason with like a 10 sec one if im not mistaken...white with a 4g63 swap with a turbo bigger than the tires on my wifes honda accord. im impressed with the cars nice...rare too