How to ship overseas?

USPS and FEDEX want hundreds $$$ to ship a six pound box. It is a bulky but very light item with measurements of 41" x 24" x 3".

How do I get the cheaper ("slow boat"?) shipping that everyone mentions?

USPS and FedEx only give ONE option each:

* USPS: 3-day $188

* FEDEX: 7-day for $367

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How much are you selling it for? Dead serious on the take a vacation thing. Here is some round trip prices. Load up on parts and fly home. Sell cool ausie stuff to ratsuners.

Profit.

http://www.farecompare.com/flights/Seattle-SEA/australasia/cityzone.html

Edit:

Let's say you are selling _____ for around 200 bucks. Plus whatever you save on shipping you are already near half the price of a ticket. Fill up on emblems and rare bits and flip it all when you get back for 500-1000 dollars and you have a free vacation to Austrellia which would be killer plus ratsunites score rad parts. Wins all over

There are private parts shippers and importers. If you can find one of them who is moving a container, you can usually get a big break on price. I know this is how some of the Aussie/NZ guys get their parts from the US. They wait to fill a container and then ship the whole thing at once. It's nice because it's cheap, but you usually wait a month or two for the bin to fill up. The only reason I know this is because one of the guys in NZ is buying some doors and glass from me, where I'll ship it to L.A. and his importer will take it from there. I don't ship it all the way to NZ, only to L.A.