finding true mileage?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PO only drove it about 50 miles for the 10 years he owned it. he picked it up for a project and doesnt really know anything about cars. there is a couple receipts in the glovebox but they all show work that was done at 98,000 miles. the problem is that since there is no extra digit, mechanic shops and what-not probably were just putting down the digits they could see.

i do have the original license plate for the truck. will the DMV still keep old records in their system of mileages from previous registrations? the original license plate was used until '91 and i have the plate that was used until '01. it wasnt driven until i got it and got new plates this year. so i have every license plate that the truck was ever licensed under.

i don't know about your state, but here in az, and in cali, your title will have milage, again i know u stated odometers do not record hundred thousands, but as stated ck for old service stickers, also our dmv will give u names and adresses of po's , it is public record, also try online to your dmv..matbe ask the most recent po if he knows any of the other po's, i mean a truck that rare was someones baby at one time..:)

Washington actually keeps odometer readings on all cars... that go through emissions. Of course a '64 never went through emissions as the oldest I recall them ever testing were '68s. The only other info would have been on title transfers before 1974.

The problem is it's next to impossible to get that info unless the vehicle is newer than 1982, when the VINs were finally all normalized.