Bought a new drivetrain

It's not Datsun but that is the home I hope to put it in once I get a chassis for it. :)

020412201151.jpg

020412201115.jpg

020412201132.jpg

020412201251.jpg

020412201225.jpg

I've never had one of these before so I thought it was pretty crazy that it has this tiny four barrel carb on it. It's prob like a 300 cfm 4barrel or something. :) It's a 12A out of a mid 70's mazda. Factory rating states it was good for almost 130 horse and 115 torque. Supposedly it even has a mild street port. Who knows, probably not, but thats what the seller said. It came complete with manifolds, starter, carb, and 5 speed transmission and clutch/flywheel. The best part? $60 for all of it. Gotta find me a home for this bad boy. I'm thinking 510 goon?! I'm super excited. I'm like a little kid at christmas. My wife just thinks I'm ridiculous.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it's all part of the fun. even if it doesn't, I've got an rx7 happy friend who can help out with the rebuild. Crap, for 60 bucks I could sand blast it and make a coffee table out of it and it would still be cool.

it's all part of the fun. even if it doesn't, I've got an rx7 happy friend who can help out with the rebuild. Crap, for 60 bucks I could sand blast it and make a coffee table out of it and it would still be cool.

very true. that would be a cool coffee table lol.

i'm going to rebuild my 13B eventually... that's going to be fun