510 exhaust kit?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been toying with the idea of producing one, but am hesitant as I don't see too many Datsun guys wanting to pay the price for mandrel bent, tig welded, t304 stainless exhaust.

If enough people show interest I will revisit the idea.

Www.namelessperformance.com

No. We only work with stainless and mandrel bends. If you want crush bent aluminized mild steel, muffler shop is the way to go.

I don't see the point in removing/repairing rust just to toss an exhaust on that will rot out over time.

Don't get me wrong, muffler shop exhaust is perfectly acceptable on a lot of cars, but if you're looking for the high quality materials to complete your restoration or to let your weekend racer breathe the best it can, your best bet is TIG welded, mandrel bent t304 stainless.

I know I'm beginning to sound like a broken record, but in my experience, a truly nice exhaust is hard to find on a Datsun. I would love it if someone would prove me wrong.

I accept that 90% of Ratsuners are perfectly happy with run of the mill exhaust, but I figure I'll throw the idea out there. I'll be building a full system from the manifold back on my car in the next several weeks. I will be sure to post it up on here, and do everything I can to get it marketable. One idea I've had is to offer a y-pipe for factory manifolds, and/or a header that uses the same flange/y-pipe.

Anybody use this system yet? Too bad it's 3in pipe, as even a modified 510 only needs 2-1/2 max. I can't imagine that they'll sell many of those. I figure that the forward extension of that system is suitable for any manifold & downpipe or header combination, with a simple connector pipe made up to suit your particular need. Do you think that picture is right, unless it passes UNDER the rear subframe...............??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Nissan-Datsun-510-SR20DET-KA24-Catback-Exhaust-/140678124483?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item20c111d3c3

Yeh, Pacesetter used to make one. I had one of their headers years ago. No longer though. That was back in the days where you could order 510 stuff through magazine advertisers, but those days are long gone. It's best to just have an exhaust shop make you one, most places will do a decent job at it.