Minty Fresh 510

Tristin

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on the grille! Those are hard to come by...get used to being asked if it's for sale because that seems to be the 2nd question everyone asks me when they see mine. The first question is "where/how did you get it???".

Not sure if you're set on keeping it assembled, but if you look close you'll see that the center part is connected to the headlight surrounds with aluminum rivets. On the one I restored, I drilled them out and replaced it with stainless hardware. That way you can disassemble the grille for restoration.

Car is looking slick! Saw that the cooler was up for sale, but seeing how you got this grille, I can see why! ;)

I saw the rivets wasnt too sure I wanted to drill them out to refinish. It would make it easier so that I dont get any stripper on the plastic. I did a quick refinish this weekend, and may go more indepth later down the road. Thats a good tip though!

Yeah, the cooler is up for sale, but may still end up running it if it doesnt go. Ill probably mock it up this week and see if its something I can run with this grille (and still have it look good). Thanks for the compliments Jun.

Awww what.... Selling the trans cooler? Don't do that, build the car the way I want, lol.

Let me know if you want to sell the aeros, if they look good on the series on I'll pick em up if the price isn't gonna hurt too bad.

Yeah its for sale, but Im going to mount it up until someone buys it. Im still thinking of running it, so we shall see if I keep it. I want to, but could use the money honestly. I can slide by sometime with the Aeros and see what they look like on the Series One. If I decide to get rid of them, Ill cut you a good deal.

So everything that was polished metal you painted silver?

Yes sir. Drilled out the rivets holding it together, bead blasted the metal center and painted it.

I had no choice initially. I got it for a good price because the seller had sanded the metal center and painted the whole thing black. :blush:

Came out looking nice, though. And honestly, I think this way is better. With the headlight doors painted black and silver, the stock look of polished metal in the center doesn't "match" very well with silver paint elsewhere. All painted makes it look much more cohesive.

If you want to purchase a set, I have some... theyre red, but the beauty is you can change it to whatever color you like lol

Size? If they are 13" consider them sold. B)

Got a car that desperately needs some 13" Advan Onis...

On this car, they work... :thumbup:

Restored-TS-Cup-Nissan-Datsun-B310-Sunny-640x426.jpg

Yes sir. Drilled out the rivets holding it together, bead blasted the metal center and painted it.

I had no choice initially. I got it for a good price because the seller had sanded the metal center and painted the whole thing black. :blush:

Came out looking nice, though. And honestly, I think this way is better. With the headlight doors painted black and silver, the stock look of polished metal in the center doesn't "match" very well with silver paint elsewhere. All painted makes it look much more cohesive.

Youre the second person to drill out those rivets... Maybe I will just do that and have the center powdercoated. I dont know about the center bar being silver. Would you happen to have a close up it?

Size? If they are 13" consider them sold. B)

I just checked with my tech and apparently they have been sold. He asked me to be on the lookout for a buyer, but he didnt mention that he already sold them. Sorry John.

Last time I did that I ordered the wrong springs... now I need photo proof of all the crazy things you say to do.

Gah! I need more money. Id like to get the engine up to par with the rest of the car, but Ive basically run out of money for a while. Im thinking that as it sits now, is how its going to show up to Canby. I was hoping to do a few other things, but its not looking like it. Oh well, theres always next year.

Yeah Im digging the car, so I can ride out this rough patch for a bit. Ill just piece something together here and there as I acquire parts and swap it in over the Winter probably. That will give me a chance to clean up the bay and do some wire tucking action.

Sure, can do! It seems like it should be pretty straight forward. Cut, extend, hide, reconnect... I know there are a few items that cant get wet, but I should be able to complete it pretty easily.

Has anyone tried putting a 68 emblem on a 73 SSS grille?

I feel like that's a skinny jeans reference <_<

Well, I think I'm going to start the tuck process this Saturday. The bay could use a good cleanup... I'll only need to buy a bit of wire so it should be a cheap task. I may wire in some relays for the headlights as well since I'm already doing some wiring.

I was pretty excited coming to work today as I spotted this:

7211149662_8b9846d5be_c.jpg

For anyone that knows a bit of automobile history, this is a Porsche 365 Carrera Super 90. This is Porsche's first production car ever and is valued at about $250,000.