my 66 410 build

sledn410

PA230265.jpgPA300513.jpgPA230259.jpg

so this is my new project! its def the oldest car i have ever taken on and i am pretty amped to get stuck into it.

as u can see its in decent condition and i recieved about half another car of parts so she will be running for many moons to come. my initial plans for it are firstly to get it much lower to earth and get some stance cranking. then i will give it a sand back and paint it something a lil more original and get the interior nice and comfy and clean. really i dont want to strip it completly down for a full resto just yet i want to simply drive it so a bit of aa tidy up first then when i have my own lockup shed instead of a car port il get this puppy back to 66 spec :)

from what i have found on the car i am assuming it is an ss ?? correct me if i am wrong please i am fairly new to these models. anyway its got a j13 4speed manual on the floor .in engine bay says came out with 67hp .to tell u the truth i haveny even taken off the air filter but pretty sure im running a single carby? someone did say i should be running twin su s if its an ss? so feel free to correct me

bit of minor rust here and there but no flinstone spec everything works well and it is a dream to drive i absolutely love it and cant wait to have it how its pictured in my head!! so updates will follow keep an eye out thanks for watching

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From my limited (yet growing) knowledge ont hese, the 410 didnt come in a SSS, only the 411. And the way to tell if it is a true SSS is if there is a hole int he firewall on drivers side for the exhaust to go through. And has a r16 under the hood.

cheers guys yeah its def not a sss coz shes running the j13 but was there a model of the 410s with twin hithachis?? i have an old weber 32/36 off a 22r i wonder if i could adapt that on there haha

There was a JDM 411 Sport Sedan with twin Hitachi "SU" on the J13, don't know if there ever was a 410 equivalent. If you could find a P411 Sport Sedan manifold and carbs they should bolt on, the connection to the gas pedal is a mystery to me, should not be rocket science.