Looking for 6 bolt 200mm flywheel

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Close no cigar. :lol:

All cars that came with L20B or Z20 motors had 200mm flywheels. That would be the 610/710/S10 (200sx)/A10 (HL510) and S110 (200sx)

Generally L20B cars came with 200mm and trucks came with 225mm. I know, I know a friend pulled his car apart and it had a 225mm clutch in it. Well after all these years it likely got swapped with one from a 620 or 280z/zx or a Maxima or a 720... who knows?.

The 200mm flywheel will allow the high clamping force Roadster pressure plate to be used.

I may have one that is still bolted to the origanal L20 from a 1st gen 200sx. It's at a friends shop and I'm not going there till this white shit melts, but I will call him to check.

Through talking to the local community and searching ratsun, I have got extremely mixed feed back as to how "rare" a 6 bolt 200mm flywheel is. I am aware that I can use a different sized flywheel, but as datzenmike said a 200mm flywheel will allow me to use the roadster clutch which is what I am aiming to do. Also, I have had a few people suggest that I wont "need" the roadster clutch, but for me its more that I dont know what I will need in the future and the price difference from a roadster 2000 clutch and other options isnt enough to dismiss installing the stronger clutch. I have read that it IS a very strong setup, so I figure I if i can source the correct flywheel I can get this setup and not have to think about it and move on to other parts of the car.

Does anyone know if I the clutch fork is proprietary to what size clutch setup I use? or is it just the throwout bearing and its sleeve?

@ EricJB That would be great If you could check when you get a chance, I have someone helping me to try to track one down locally, I will post up If I find one before you respond

Thanks for everyones feedback!

SSS vehicles all used 5-bolt flywheels, 510, 610 and 710, both L16T and L18T engines. Same part numbers as non-SSS.

You can certainly put a 200mm clutch on a flywheel for 6-bolt crankshaft. Generally speaking guys fit larger and sometimes smaller clutches than stock just redrill the pattern and mill the surface.

So I risked live and limb yesterday, Drove to Smokey point, and pulled a 200mm 6 bolt flywheel off a virgin L20 I've had for WAY too long. It's very rusty, but the teeth are in good shape and after a resurface it should work great.

BUT, this damn thing weighs over 30lbs and will cost more in shipping than it's worth. Are you sure you dont want to just find a 21lb 70's Z car 225mm and run that? To run the roadster PP, you will also have to change the TOB collar (I think, Help me out here Datzenmike)

Dont get me wrong, I dont want this thing, and will never use it. You can have it for free if you pay the shipping. Just help me out when I'm in need. PM me with addy and we can go from there.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.