Stroke this!!!!

Ok today, popped the hood on the wagon unpluged the three wires that where hooked up to the remote box black and white to the original harness, black and white to the msd, and the blue wire to the msd. I only hooked up the red wire from the MSD to the black and off white from the original harness. The car fired right up.

so two run it without the remote box you hook up the green and red out of the dizzy to the green and violet wires (with the square conecter) from the MSD. The black and off white from the original harness to the red wire on the MSD Orange goes to positive on the coil and black goes to the negative. you do not use the white wire.

I hope this helps any one with questions.:)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok today, popped the hood on the wagon unpluged the three wires that where hooked up to the remote box black and white to the original harness, black and white to the msd, and the blue wire to the msd. I only hooked up the red wire from the MSD to the black and off white from the original harness. The car fired right up.

so two run it without the remote box you hook up the green and red out of the dizzy to the green and violet wires (with the square conecter) from the MSD. The black and off white from the original harness to the red wire on the MSD Orange goes to positive on the coil and black goes to the negative. you do not use the white wire.

I hope this helps any one with questions.:)

Helps a lot!!!...but...did it perform better???

SO...let's get a definitive answer here fellas...

If you use the MSD 6AL you do not need the "matchbox"?

(If so...why aren't many others doing it....I've heard some good things about the MSD units...plus it minimizes ignition parts...)

well this wont it answer it either...

i have a remote ignitor dizzy with the MSD and didnt think that the matchbox was necessary at all...well this weekend i saw the matchbox connected to the MSD and it worked???

i would think the matchbox is not required as it does what the MSD is doing for the ignition...

Mike,as soon as i find a good remote box dizzy,i will be using it with the MSD.Your question about whether the Matchbox will drive the MSD still stands.My guess is no, as the match box is essentially a miniature CD box.

Z-train,

just remembered I have a remote box if you want it. The dizzy I took apart for parts for Brian (figures) so it's crap. Had it for years and no-one wanted it. Anyway, still have the remote box.

edit: I'll look deep into my junk pile because I did have one original remote set up on my '78 and got another '78 last year. Wouldn't have thrown it out. I SHOULD have one more left. I'll look.