WTB: Datsun 210 hatchback

Looking for a '79-83 Datsun 210 hatchback. Anyone know of one for sale?

This particular body style:

Datsun_210_1978_Rick_Feibusch_2009.jpg

Does not need to run/drive, or be in nice condition.

If it helps, I have a '75 B210 I'd be willing to trade with some cash on your end (unless the 210 is REALLY nice). Here's a pic:

normal_trippy_002.JPG

I am in NE Texas, but willing to travel for the right car. john@japanesenostalgiccar.com

• Like 1
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So do I. :cool:

But I really want a 210 hatchback...

Well keep the b and find a hatchback.

I did some craigslisting near you with no luck.

Did come across this sweet ass truck though

http://easttexas.craigslist.org/cto/2776525297.html

In my experience your best bet is to drive around shady neighborhoods looking behind peoples houses.

That's how I find my cars.

Well keep the b and find a hatchback.

Well, that is the plan currently. I don't want to get rid of the B210, I'm just willing to. :cool:

In my experience your best bet is to drive around shady neighborhoods looking behind peoples houses.

That's how I find my cars.

Yeah, found more than a few that way. Actually, of the six 1200s we have at the shop, four of them were found that way. :P

Too bad you didn't get mine when I sold it :( I would have loved to keep it on ratsun. Gave it away for a grand.

And this is exactly why I told you to call me when you got ready to sell it. :blush:

Saw this in Atlanta

Looks nice, but I too would stick with the B210.

Atlanta 210 hatch

That looks a decent buy, but more than I really want to spend. Whatever car I get will be immediately gutted, so it doesn't really make sense to buy one in that nice of shape.

So I got curious and did a search on www.car-parts.com in your zipcode looking for a Nissan 210 from the era. They don't let you look for entire cars, so I narrowed it down by specifically looking for a 'hatch'.

There is a junkyard 23 miles from you that has a hatch. http://www.exit30imports.com/

My thought was, if they have the hatch, they might have the rest of the car? Anyway, might be worth digging around to see since you just need the shell.

You have me curious what you are planning! And why specifically this car? (Your B210 is awesome BTW.)

So I got curious and did a search on www.car-parts.com in your zipcode looking for a Nissan 210 from the era. They don't let you look for entire cars, so I narrowed it down by specifically looking for a 'hatch'.

There is a junkyard 23 miles from you that has a hatch. http://www.exit30imports.com/

My thought was, if they have the hatch, they might have the rest of the car? Anyway, might be worth digging around to see since you just need the shell.

Genius! I'll call them tomorrow! :cool:

You have me curious what you are planning! And why specifically this car? (Your B210 is awesome BTW.)

Umm... Was trying to keep it a secret, but... Oh well... :P

Something like this:

246kmfm.jpg

Genius! I'll call them tomorrow! :cool:

Umm... Was trying to keep it a secret, but... Oh well... :P

Nice! You knew we were going to ask! Not everyday someone is hunting for one of those. Now let me ask, round or square headlights? And why a 210? Is it specifically the body style you are chasing? Just hunting for something different? (I know nothing about racecars!)

The 80's look is growing on me more lately. I feel like that era is getting a bit more attention over the last 6 months. There is a stupidly rare '77 510 for sale in VT for $600! You just don't see 77's. Similar looks!

VT510.jpg

Datsun_510_Coupe_41.jpg

KPA10.jpg

KPA10-2.png

let me ask, round or square headlights?

Doesn't matter really. It'll have square lights when it's done, but I don't care which model I start with.

And why a 210? Is it specifically the body style you are chasing? Just hunting for something different?

Why? I've always been a 210 fan. My first ever car was a '79 210 2dr sedan. I've since owned 5 different 210s, and always loved them.

Yes, it must be a 2dr hatchback. Zero interest in any other type of 210.

Not really something different (although that does come into play). I'm a big fan of the Japanese Sunny Cup race cars from back in the day. It was a one make race series in Japan that featured the 1200 in the early 70s, and the 210 in the early 80s. Unfortunately, the oil embargo meant they never raced the B210 in this class. :(

A recent video of the cars in action:

this works, ive tried this before with b210s. unfortunately the one i eventually found was in idaho. scrap metal is just too valuable these days

The 510s made in 1977 were marketed in USA as 1978 models. There were no 1977 510s.

But oddly, the first few months of production had no catalytic converter installed, which I believe was mandated for all '78 models. While I agree with you, I still consider the very few non-cat models to be "77" models. ;)

John, have you seen Endo's B310 street/race coupe on risebike.com?

Yes sir. Already in talks with Endo about ordering some parts I need for this project. :P

And this is exactly why I told you to call me when you got ready to sell it. :blush:

Damnnnnnn I must have missed that PM :(

I could have sworn I PM'd you, but I guess not huh.gif

Also, on a related note, any of you ATL guys seen this car in person? Curious if it's as clean as it looks in the (tiny) pics.

Want me to swing over and take a look? He's in my area within a few min from home (give or take)

1978 model-year cars were not required to use converters. They were only required to meet certain emission limits. Most manufacturers chose to use converters. A few used better burning engines. We had a 1978 - California model no less - without a convertor.

The emission rules almost certainly were based on a specific date, rather than model year.

The 1980 Datsun 210 in Atlanta is my car.

I will post an add soon for sale for it but as far as rat sun guys go I will let it go for $2000

I am moving back to japan and can't leave it here would love to have it go to someone that would take care of it. I need it gone by

Next wednesday the 18th. So if you want to give me a call my number is 770 485 0622 This is a land line so just leave a message if no one picks up ask for Jonathan.

thanks

Jonathan

On another not the # 23 Pit Road car is for sale the owner of pit road is a friend of mine but way too expensive!!

any way thanks for looking at my Dato on craigslist.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.