• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wink.gif

Cool man!

Panatec have good force feedback?

The best! Fanatec is considered one of the best wheel companies out there. This wheel is their lower end model, but it is still 1000 times better than a Microsoft wheel, and still much better than a Logitec. Fanatec's top of the line wheel is $540, and that is JUST the wheel. You have top buy pedals and shifters on top of that, and of course something to mount it to.

2 shifters?

Yup! The one on the bottom is a H-pattern 6 speed shifter, and the one on the top is a sequential shifter. The wheel also has paddle shifters already. I can choose which setup I want to use based on what kind of car I am racing!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm done! I have actually been done for quite a while, but I have been far to busy playing with it to update this thread, lol! The cockpit is fantastic, and adds a depth of realism that you have to experience to believe. It fits perfectly in my very small room, and looks absolutely great too! I am very proud of the outcome. But enough talk, lets move on to pics!!!

2012-01-29214526.jpg

2012-01-31160512.jpg

2012-01-31160344.jpg

2012-01-31160554.jpg

Sorry about my messy room, I am a lazy college student. lol

• 1 month later...

I got bored last night and did this:

2012-03-18202811.jpg

I extended the throw, (It was stupid short before) and added the shifter boot and aluminum shift knob. Feels much better now! Total spent: $8. Both the shifter boot and knob are just cheap universal ones from Autozone. lol

I also packed the inside of the shifter with cotton balls to try to quiet the shifts down. Every shift there used to be a loud "Click-clack" sound. Very irritating. The cottor balls, plus the boot make it much quieter. Hooray for spur-of-the-moment projects!!!

• 9 months later...