I'm stranded on the freeway

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Drain and drop the tank. Take off the filler hose and sending unit. You will get a better look at inside.

My 240 sat for 14 yrs and had the same crud. Before I dropped the tank I put a filter before the electric pump and kept changing filters till I could clean the tank properly(couldn't mis the first track day of the year). When I dropped the tank, I took it to the car wash and got everywhere I could get to with the wand. Small sheets of varnish came out, but inside the tank still looked like new.

I suspect it is not the gasoline you are buying, but something in the tank that is ruining any gasoline you put in it.

I used that tank at least once a week for a long time, then I let it set with the new fuel they sell in it for a month or so, never been the same, can't use the tank anymore. I will find the time one of these days to drop the tank and clean it out and then seal it with a good quality sealer.

Did you here about the bad gasoline shipment that occured last month? They promised that they had fixed the problem at the refinery and it wouldn't happen again. These problem do occur but not as often as in the past.

If you have a receipt you can make a claim for damages.

I fi gured out the light issue. The yellow/red wire behind the fuse panel was cut and shorting to the wall. Fixed that and got my brake lights back. Also found that my hazards now work. so the power to the brake lights is tied to hazard switch some how

I fi gured out the light issue. The yellow/red wire behind the fuse panel was cut and shorting to the wall. Fixed that and got my brake lights back. Also found that my hazards now work. so the power to the brake lights is tied to hazard switch some how

That sounds about right. I bet you'll find your brakes and blinkers all go through the hazard switch. That's how it is on my Z. When I removed the center console, I disconnected the hazards and found that I had no blinkers or brakes. Had all my running lights, just none of the higher intensity filaments.

almost every car now is controlled with the 4 way switch by some means, has a built in relay. every car i've had lost signals with the 4 way either being bad or unplugged. but never seen brake lights controlled by it, though in this case it may just be linked into the same system blink.gif

now that i've officially confused myself...

i need to find a turn signal switch for the steering column. when i turn left (with headlights off) it turns my headlights on high beams. if i have the headlights on, it works fine. if i have the headlights off but the stick in high beam position, it works fine. blah stupid 30 year old parts.