My official intro thread

Hi everyone, figured I'd make an official intro thread instead of using my for sale thread for my SRT4...lol

Well...it’s odd that I'm on a Datsun forum as I've only ever owned 2 Japanese cars out of my many over my short years (I'm only 19). A 87 Chrysler Conquest TSI (Mitsubishi Starion), and a 88 RX7.

All my other cars have been Chrysler products, and I'm still loyal to them...but...I want a 510...haha. Old Japanese cars are just cool to me, Datsun having the neatest of all of them.

But, my first car was my 87 Conquest that I got for $900 and I've just been building from there. I've had 11 cars in my short time here...only a couple remaining constant. My 85 Omni GLH is one I'll probably have forever, and I love my 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited (something about having a fast Jeep...lol). But, here's some pictures of all my cars I've had. Right now I just have the Jeep, Omni, and my SRT4. I miss my Conquest and Ram SS/T, though. But...hope you all don't mind a little Mopar here...haha

I did make all these cars as nice as they were on my own. Most I acquired needing a lot of work...over the course of all this time, I've learned a lot of mechanical and body work. Practicing painting myself on my Omni in the very near future...I'd love to be able to do that.

So here most of them are...as close to order of ownership as possible.

1987 Conquest TSI (probably my favorite, shouldn't have sold it)

DSC02350.jpg

spoilerCirclerearangular.jpg

1985 Omni GLH (work in progress)

redbrakes.jpg

sweet.jpg

DSC06957sharp.jpg

1998 Dodge Ram SS/T (another favorite)

DSC04949.jpg

DSC05489.jpg

DSC08071.jpg

1988 Mazda RX7 (a lot of fun but I hated it at the same time...haha)

DSC07230.jpg

DSC07062.jpg

1985 Shelby Charger (never drove it - no rust, new owner parted it out :( )

DSC07076.jpg

2004 Dodge Neon SRT4

DSC_0300.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0237.jpg

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited

DSC_1029.jpg

DSC_0615.jpg

There were more cars...but, these are the ones I cared enough to photograph...haha. The others were either hunks of crap (1989 Horizon...lol), or just owned long enough to sell (other 1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited (burnout monster and why I bought another)).

So...that’s about it. I'm Tyler and I have a car problem...lol I hope to add a 510 to my collection in the near future. If this SRT4 ever sells, then that is much more likely.

So...thanks for having me :)

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice intro noob, complete with oics.

However, you better get that 510 soon and post it up. You don't wanna become a Mater.

Welcome :cool:

Haha...thanks. I get around on a lot of forums...so, I've learned my lesson not posting pics :P

And...I'm trying. I'd love to get one and make it daily driver status, just having the Jeep for the ugly days and for a backup vehicle. Also...not planning on that for a while...I like my freedom...haha If thats what you meant.

Dude, seriously, if I could get my hands on a clean Starion/Conquest, that would be awesome. I LOVE the look of them. I'd stick an SR or KA turbo in it though, just can't do Mitsubishi motors.

I loved my Conquest...handled great, was just different and no one knew what it was, and it sounded sexy. Was slow, but, all the rest made it not matter...haha. Really, it was quick for what it was, but, no rocket. Drifted amazingly though :P

I'm a RWD guy, though. The SRT4, as fast as it is, and as sexy of noises that it makes (I love the engine)...FWD kills it for me. The Omni will be the same way, but, its different. Its a pocket rocket from the 80s...haha. And it may end up AWD one day.

But...working on a Datsun. Have quite a few interested parties and one guy from craigslist who's interest in trading me his 510 plus cash for my Neon. He has a KA? (sorry, still learning the nissan motors), for it, ready to be swapped in, just no trans or front seats...apparently a Cali car. So...we'll see what happens with that.

I just want one so bad...if only I knew about them a year ago...I'd have two or just one BA one...hahaha.

Dude, seriously, if I could get my hands on a clean Starion/Conquest, that would be awesome. I LOVE the look of them. I'd stick an SR or KA turbo in it though, just can't do Mitsubishi motors.

Oh god yes. They seem to be nearly impossible to come by though for some reason.

I've been in love with them ever since I saw one that had a Buick Grand National turbo V6 dropped into running 10's at PIR.

OP, excellent photos. Are they HDR compositions?

Oh god yes. They seem to be nearly impossible to come by though for some reason.

I've been in love with them ever since I saw one that had a Buick Grand National turbo V6 dropped into running 10's at PIR.

OP, excellent photos. Are they HDR compositions?

Figures...mine was one of the few clean ones :/ It was dumb to sell it, I know...lol

And, thanks for the compliments. But, no, they're not HDR. Actually...the ones of the Jeep and SRT4 are the only ones taken with a real camera. All the others were taken with a Sony Cybershot point and shoot...haha. The SRT4 and Jeep pics were taken with my aunt's Nikon D3100 that she let me borrow.

Here's a few more of the Conquest since you guys like it :P

DSC00866.jpg

DSC02409.jpg

DSC02433.jpg

(One of my favorites...if only it was with a good camera)

PICT0111-1.jpg

Interiorfull.jpg

DSC02981.jpg

i miss my starquest's i just cant find a running one in good shape. I almost put a sr20det in my white 88 what turbo where you running?

i had a big 16g in my 86 it was fun.

Yea...people do all sorts of swaps. From 4G63 Mitsu, 2JZs, and SR20s...then of course the V8 swaps. Over in Japan there was even a Mazda 3 rotor swapped in...haha.

And...the cute little 12a. I kept it stock since I drove it daily...also, I put the a/c and cruise control back on it...lol