Stock 510 Brake Hard Lines

Stubby

I cut through the hardline going to the rear brakes and I need to replace it. I have searched a little, but I can't seem to be able to nail down the diameter of the stock brake hardline. The smallest they sell at the autoparts store is a 3/16's.

If the line is a 3/16's line, will the fittings be the right thread pitch?

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The first KA swap I did, I cut through mine too, cutting out the trans tunnel, lol. I just took the whole thing out and went to the local hydraulic hose place, and had them match the ends and tube size. I just bought a new bulk straight piece and took it home and bent it up to match the original exactly. It was very easy. If you are worried about flaring the ends, just have them put them on for you at the place, then all you have to do is bend it. The whole thing cost me about $15.

We smashed my brothers 510 by lifting trans to high installing engine ..and we took some ends off another Datsun ( which was 620 ) and he took those in .And did basically the same thing as creepy did..

But being able to cut tube just back from nut makes it easier to use 6 point wrench and not mess it up..

I use a pair of these to break the fittings loose, then just an open end wrench the rest of the way. I've been doing it this way for many many years now, and it doesn't damage the ends at all, no matter how stuck on there they are. A huge life saver, let me tell you.

AAAADJabockAAAAAARd61A.jpg?v=1292791212000

Flare nut wrenches are one of the few things i only use Snap -on..on but not all nuts respect the fact they are the best..

. Where could a guy get a quality pair of those ?? Welding store?