1967 datsun 411 sedan (grille, front bumper, & valance)

Neighbor across the street got into an accident in the center divide... some person hit them in the front .. bent the bumper , grille, and valance! I need to take pictures but can rarely catch him in daylight.

The car is still drivable!!! :D

He is still discussing with insurance...its been 6-7 months!!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell him or her not to accept an insurance company low ball valuation. Go to http://www.nadaguides.com/Classic-Cars/1967/Nissan-Datsun/411/4-Door-Sedan/Values for a realistic number. Low retail $1600, Average retail $4400, High retail $9150. Definitions of condition are on the site. Makes is worth restoration, not a scrap no value old car like "they" will claim.

• Like 1

Tell him or her not to accept an insurance company low ball valuation. Go to http://www.nadaguide...or-Sedan/Values for a realistic number. Low retail $1600, Average retail $4400, High retail $9150. Definitions of condition are on the site. Makes is worth restoration, not a scrap no value old car like "they" will claim.

Thanks Mike! biggrin.gif I'm not familiar with insurance dealings... is my friend supposed to say no to insurance because they did offer him $1500. If he says no, and shows them what you gave me above ( thanks!) , are they supposed to give him close to that much?

Thanks Mike! biggrin.gif I'm not familiar with insurance dealings... is my friend supposed to say no to insurance because they did offer him $1500. If he says no, and shows them what you gave me above ( thanks!) , are they supposed to give him close to that much?

Adjusters always low ball the first offer. Have your neighbor go to the NADA site, print out the valuation page with description of the vehicle conditions and find some fairly recent photos to justify a claim of better than "$1500" value. If he can show close to the $4400 condition, then a repair is in order which will avoid trying to register the car later with a "vehicle totaled" on the reregistration papers [which by the way usually but not always results in insurance companies refusing to insure the car]. Nothing like beaking your butt to restore a car and then not being able to legally insure and register it as a daily driver.

Tana the Datsun lady may have parts, ask her,and take that info to the insurance adjuster. In a pinch, not authentic but close, even harder to find early1968 520 front end metal and bumper [less the bumperettes] can be coerced to fit.

• Like 1

If the ones hanging on my wall werent for the SSS sitting in the garage, i would be more than happy to help out. Unfortunatly theya re going on a car eventually. I have a lead on a 411 in texas im getting parts from, ill email her and see if she has any of these.

• Like 1

If the ones hanging on my wall werent for the SSS sitting in the garage, i would be more than happy to help out. Unfortunatly theya re going on a car eventually. I have a lead on a 411 in texas im getting parts from, ill email her and see if she has any of these.

thanks dan! smile.gif

• 5 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.