'86 720 4x4 part out

I'm pulling the engine and tranny from my 86 and putting it in the 85 kc body I just picked up. Aside from the front bumper, bully bar, front control arms and torsion bars, gauge cluster, manual hubs, and my off road toys, pretty much everything else will be for sale until the 23rd when the whole thing goes to the scrap yard. I'm not going to make a list of parts, simply put a post of what you're looking for, I'll see if I have it, and give a price based on my local self service parts yard, plus you cover shipping.

The truck is an 86 720 standard cab 4x4.

I am pulling the engine and tranny only as far as running gear goes, the transfer case and all attached will most likely stay.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

any chance you have a bad one that can be used as an example? Not sure right now which is gonna be which. And I know things changed every 6 months it seems on these

I need the e-brake cable that connects the front cable (to the handle) and the cables that go to the drums. I also need the hardware that connects that center cable to the drum cables. If it's easier I'll just take the entire e-brake cable setup from handle to drum, depending on price.

I've had a line on this setup from many sources but somehow it just keeps falling through. I really need an e-brake on my truck; if you can help a brother out, let me know! :thumbup:

Read First: Rules for posting in the For Sale section

Seller

1/ The item for sale MUST have a price on it. Auction style postings will not be tolerated.

Here's what happens... two people want the same thing and start a bidding war. Everyone pissed at each other. Might be best to use a private message for prices or offers. Just sayin'...

this is not an auction, there is no parts list to price since I will not type out ever part on this truck, nor do I even have access to this list of rules or even a pinned topic about it. Not my problem.

As for the ebrake system its still there, and partly pulled out. Will pm when I have it ready. I'm more concerned with how to get the engine in the other truck. Never done a swap before.

this is not an auction, there is no parts list to price since I will not type out ever part on this truck, nor do I even have access to this list of rules or even a pinned topic about it. Not my problem.

Oh I assure you it is your problem. The classified section is provided free for members to use to sell Datsun related parts. This isn't E-Bay. In the past, pages and pages of bids and counter bids and accusations and squabbling over items. This is why we have a pricing policy. If someone asks about one of your items post the price for it for everyone to see, preferably with a picture. Hopefully someone buys and that's the end of it. Your help in this is appreciated.

Very top of page of all ads have the rules.

ibtl

sounds like they need to redo the site then, cause I have NO rules showing on any ad forum or anything. Or maybe its because I have to use the mobile version, which I have no control over.

I assume you can se this?

Seller

1/ The item for sale MUST have a price on it. Auction style postings will not be tolerated.

2/ There must be a location where the item is being sold. Doesn't have to be exact.

Failure to conform to the above rules will result in the post being removed. No exceptions!

Sellers are strongly encouraged to include good quality pictures of the item for sale, a good description, a history, mileage and anything else applicable that will help the sale and limit unnecessary questions.

Buyers

1/ Replies WILL be limited to questions about the item for sale and 'reasonable offers'. All others will be removed at the moderators discretion.

2/ Negative comments about the item or the price WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. These will be removed and the member warned once or temp banned, totally at the moderators discretion. No excuses, no exceptions.

Buyers are also encouraged to make offers to the seller by p/m or their e-mail.

Questions about price and or item quality may be directed to seller by PM.

Concerns about the truthfulness of the seller's item should be made known via the Report button and moderators will remove or put the sale on hold, at their discretion.

I assume you can se this?

Seller

2/ There must be a location where the item is being sold. Doesn't have to be exact.

Failure to conform to the above rules will result in the post being removed. No exceptions!

Sellers are strongly encouraged to include good quality pictures of the item for sale, a good description, a history, mileage and anything else applicable that will help the sale and limit unnecessary questions.

Buyers

1/ Replies WILL be limited to questions about the item for sale and 'reasonable offers'. All others will be removed at the moderators discretion.

2/ Negative comments about the item or the price WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. These will be removed and the member warned once or temp banned, totally at the moderators discretion. No excuses, no exceptions.

Buyers are also encouraged to make offers to the seller by p/m or their e-mail.

Questions about price and or item quality may be directed to seller by PM.

Concerns about the truthfulness of the seller's item should be made known via the Report button and moderators will remove or put the sale on hold, at their discretion.

no, from my phone, i cant. the "mobile" version doesnt have any of that on it. but on the laptop it does...

On that note-

Skulptr, before you go pulling parts, please give me a price on the e-brake cables?

for the e-brake system (brake handle to the wheels, and hardware) 15, plus shipping, pending i can get the passenger cable out of the backplate. drivers side is already out, as the PO broke it off, and i have a replacement i never put in.

• 3 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.