My new Toy

I have been wanting this Bike for so many years and I finally found exactly what I wanted on Ebay recently.

It is a 2005 Royal Enfield 500 Bullet with the Continental Kit installed (Cafe Racer). It is shipping from New York and should be here to me in Seattle in January.

RoyalEnfield.jpg

RoyalEnfield2.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It isn't anything fancy engine wise. It is a 500cc single, with only 6.5 to 1 compression and only makes about 27 bhp stock. It is completely stock engine wise right now except for the K&N air filter and it has been rejetted for that. It only has a top speed of about 75 mph but does get about 75 MPG. There is a company in England called Hitchcocks that sells a kit that increases the Bore and Stroke to make it a 612cc and increases the compression to 8.5 to 1 that in a bike with a Fairing was clocked at 120 mph.

I just think it is one of the most beautiful things to look at with this tank, seat, bars, swept back exhaust and rear set combo. I am gonna just enjoy it for a while and then maybe down the road get into the engine. Not to worried about it yet.

I wanted a really fast bike when I was alot younger and now I just want to putt around and have some fun at some safer speeds.

Stock they look like an old 50's or 60's Brit bike, which they actually are. Royal Enfield is the oldest motorcycle manufactured consistantly today. The company started building Bikes in 1893. in the mid 1950's the Indian government bought the tooling from England and has built the bike to those specs ever since. You can go and buy a brand new 2011 Royal Enfield right now. Here in Seattle the dealer is Ducati of Seattle.

I love the Cafe Bikes. I have a buddy who is a member of the Cretin's MC here in Seattle, which is a Cafe Racer/Streetfighter club. They put on some really cool shows and rides like the Mods vs Rockers ride.

I also had the opportunity about 5 years ago to the Mecca of Cafe Racers when I was in London on my honeymoon. I hopped on the Tube and headed out to the Ace Cafe. What an Awesome place! I really think that Cafe Racers and what we do with our Datsun's go hand in hand! And I heard a rumor that they are bringing the Ace Cafe here when the LeMay Museum opens in June supposedly there is gonna be one there!

I

• 2 weeks later...

That is one of my favorite bikes ever.I have Triumph Thruxton and I love it!Used to have a lot of different bikes-fast,sport,Harleys,but old school Cafe Racer is just soo cool to look at and ride-as you said slow but who cares!