need a 5spd tranny for the 78 b210

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't be confused. First he need a clutch. When Pumpkin got there, he found the transmission was shot as well.

You can use the 210 5-speed in a B210 if you get the 210 matching driveshaft and use a different gearbox crossmember. 1979 210 has a lighter dogleg than the B210 unit.

I have a good B210 5-speed but I want $400 for it.

BillM

with drive shaft? Theres more to the story I think, he has a standard pattern 5 speed.

Dont know wich one, speedo on right/passenger side

Drain plug out the bottom in front of the trans mount.

The B-210 had an FS5W63A five speed dogleg option, same as the 200sx L20B transmission but with a different A series bolt pattern. Total over kill strength for the A14/15. The later 210 had a 'lighter' FS5W60L dogleg shift pattern through July '79 when it was changed to a regular shift FS5W60A for the remainder of the 210 production.

The FS5W63A would be 26" long the other two I don't know.

The FS5W60L and FS5W60A 5 speeds look identical to the F4W60 4 speeds so don't get fooled.

I don't have a driveshaft or mount, only the transmission

Bill

hes going to need those things to swap it in, would be the way to go if you ask me.

But his last post said he needs it going by monday sooo, is a 4 speed out of the question? If its a 60 series the shaft and mounts are the same right? And there every where. Then gather the parts to get it back to 63a, or find a good 60 when you can.

Thanks for all the replies..... upon further investigation by pumkin, not only was my clutch slave cylinder shot, but so was the tranny all of a sudden....I have a fix on not having to have the car by Monday so I still have some time to weigh out my options. Either way, the datto will be down for a few weeks while I reshuffle funds to the other cars....but no worries, with all of your help, she will def be up again in no time. It'll be a 5spd, whether dogleg or standard, she will drive again!!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.