65 410 master clutch cylinder

harrison

Just got my 65 410 today and the master clutch cylinder is shot, no pressure at all in the pedal. and seeing as how finding a replacement is near impossible, is there a substitute that would work well.. ie. 510, roadster or 240z master clutch cylinders? my slave cylinder is fine, and i ordered one off ebay as a spare already.

also I have the square carb air filter on mine, anyone know a part number for auto zone/advance auto parts?

thank you

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

can we get a build/show thread on that thing. im interested in how they did the 4 wheel drive since i used to build jeeps and such. also wat ur interior and under the hood look like. i just wanna see pics of this thing from every angle. i was seriously thinking of picking this up whenit was listed and trying to save it or make it very offroad worthy as a trail vehicle. wats ur plan? u gonna keep it 4x4 or save it and go original?

Datsun 411 Master Cylinder Datsun 620 Conversion

I bought a new Datsun 620 dual master cylinder off eBay for $30 plus $9 shipping to Maui. I was getting a bit paranoid about the stock master cylinder after several different people warned me of the (I thought unlikely) dangers associated with single master cylinders. I have never had one fail on me and I have owned lots of old cars. But I did this conversion anyway.

The only tricky part was modifying the stock plunger rod. I removed it from the old master cylinder, rounded the ball end and cut it in half. Then I found a die that would fit and threaded both sides.

Once that was done I used two nuts and one of those really long nut things to enable me to install the mc and adjust the length of the rod.

It worked great and was practically free! The master cylinder bolted right up to the stock mounting holes and didn't get in anything else’s way.

I ran a new brake line to the rear brakes and plugged the extra hole in the "T".

I noticed that the bore size of the stock 411 master cylinder is 7/8", and the 620 master cylinder bore is 3/4". I don't know what difference this makes. I also rebuilt all the wheel cylinders, so I can't say for sure if it was the master cylinder that made the difference, but the brakes are better now than they were.

can we get a build/show thread on that thing. im interested in how they did the 4 wheel drive since i used to build jeeps and such. also wat ur interior and under the hood look like. i just wanna see pics of this thing from every angle. i was seriously thinking of picking this up whenit was listed and trying to save it or make it very offroad worthy as a trail vehicle. wats ur plan? u gonna keep it 4x4 or save it and go original?

x2 i thought about making mine a 4x4 before i air bagged it

• 1 month later...

ill try to get some pics of it when i can. been busy and the weather aint all that great here in VA either.

Currently i need a replacement alternator. i just keep a trickle charger on the battery for now. the engine starts right up. but the wiring was all cobbled up. so after getting the wiring diagram im going to have my friend make a new one for now.

Currently i need a replacement alternator. i just keep a trickle charger on the battery for now. the engine starts right up. but the wiring was all cobbled up. so after getting the wiring diagram im going to have my friend make a new one for now.

The alternator problem may well be that after 47 years the brushes are worn down.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...