Header vs. L16/18 stock exhaust manifold

hearervsstockL16-18.jpg

standardand4intotwoexhaust002.jpg

motorL16exhaustmanifold.jpg

Header:

expensive for good one

needs to be ceramic coated or

rusty in 6 months

noisy... ok for a week but can't hear $2,500 stereo and it wears thin really fast.

bolts come loose, bad fit, rattle against steering box, dimple with hammer... so much for advertised perfect fit.

had to cut into perfectly fine exhaust pipe.

Increased under hood temps.

takes all weekend to install including loosening motor mount and jacking engine up

intake gasket leaks water because header flange is too thin and washer on bolt wont bridge across from the intake.

can't find any extra power you're supposed to get with a header and would put the stock manifold back on but the pipe is cut and you threw the manifold away. Not to mention another weekend taking that fucker off!

L16/18 stock exhaust manifold

$25... people throw them away

already rusty, so no worries

quiet

NEVER will wear out... EVER

fits absolutely perfect.

quiet

never comes loose

manifold installs in seconds

quiet

works at least as good as the stock L20B manifold.

no increase in under hood temps

You paint a grim picture datzenmike. That's the first time I have used that word in over a year, picture, picture. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I wouldn't throw money at a round exhaust port head or header, I have never had anything else but a header(square port) on the work truck, they do only last maybe 5 years though, I do not have water leaks, and the bolts/nuts have not come loose. I couldn't tell you if they are louder than the stock as I have never had one on the truck. As for the rest, datzenmike paints a grim.............................

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.