distributers, are the same.

Farmer

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Physically, the L20B ones are larger so they use a different cap and rotor. Same with the US-spec L18 one.

However, they all mount exactly the same way and use the same drive spindle. You do have to have the right base and lock-down plate if you want them to align properly rather than rearranging the wires.

As for the "basket" I assume you mean "base gasket". You make that out of gasket paper with a hole punch and an x-acto knife. They don't sell that gasket separate anymore, though there probably is something that will fit.

I did mean gasket. Cell Phone auto corrects spelling. If I don't spot it, that's what happens. I've must have been lucky finding that gasket before ,for sale.

What I'm planning on doing is, installing the l20b into my 73 620. The 73 L16 has an aftermarket ignition system and want to use it with the l20b. It's installed in the distributor and I'm not sure if the same system will work in a newer distributor. I should say, I'm not smart enough to know.lol.

What I'm planning on doing is, installing the l20b into my 73 620. The 73 L16 has an aftermarket ignition system and want to use it with the l20b. It's installed in the distributor and I'm not sure if the same system will work in a newer distributor.

Why dont you use the whole distributor??????? Leave it in the truck.

did you watch the vid???????? How is the L20 going to know the different when the timming systems are the same on the motor side. (mechanical)

Only thing I DONT SUGGEST is putting in a Point dizzy in a later model EI vehicle as they dont have a HOT START wire

hey not to jack yer thread but can the a-series electronic dizzy be transferred to an l-series?

As far as I know yes BUT I am pretty sure you need swap out the splined end of the dizzy shaft for the one the L-series use. As far as the pedestal, etc. I don't, but I would bet you need to find one that will mount up to your L20b.