Rant

When I used my Baxters account regularly I would always try to get Beck Arnley whenever it was available. I refuse to ever install another Parts Master water pump. I installed one on a friend's Protege and ended up replacing it under warranty twice in a month before just putting a B/A on. That's doing the job once for almost nothing + 3 times for free. The quality of the counter guys has declined dramatically in the last 10 years so I rarely shop there anymore -- might as well go to Knects or Autozone. When they started quoting wrong prices for the wrong parts I couldn't afford to pay customers to work on their cars. I mostly buy from Napa now but probably couldn't afford to without the shop discount. I LOVE Altrom. Frequently their stickers are on OE boxes. It's not unusual to pay 1/2 for a Honda part in a Honda box with an Altrom sticker not even trying to cover the Honda label or part number. We lost our local Carquest about 5 years ago when a Schmucks store opened right next door. I really miss that Carquest. It was small but well stocked and the counter guys were really sharp and helpful.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My spot is A&G auto parts. I don't go to any chains anymore unless I really need too. This "mom and pop" store will get any part the same day from warehouses around the area. Always will hook me up with a lower price than the competition. And carry cheap and top notch parts. Depends on what you want to put on your car.

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=a%26g+auto+parts&fb=1&gl=us&hq=a%26g+auto+parts&cid=15580402183630860623

Sucks that its only one....