How rare is this intake manifold?

Rockatansky620

I have a friend of a friend who has an aftermarket intake manifold for a L16 with a Weber 38/38 carb. I want to say th intake manifold is a Canton? Or soemthing that sounds like that. Is this a super rare intake manifold? I plan to buy the setup reguardless as my ittle L16 needs mo powa!

• Like 1
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If its the cannon for a 38/38 and is "dual plane" then ive read on ozdat that it is verry rare and sought after, never seen on but read about one for the non progresive 38/38,

If one berral feeds 2 cylenders and the other barrel feed the other 2 then its dual plane.

The one above is a single plane and if yoy notive the lobed shape hole, i dont think a 3838 specufic intake woyld be like that

Im wrong alot, but i read the article trying to research the 3838, maybe a search if ozdat would clear things up.

• Like 1

I have a friend of a friend who has an aftermarket intake manifold for a L16 with a Weber 38/38 carb. I want to say th intake manifold is a Canton? Or soemthing that sounds like that. Is this a super rare intake manifold? I plan to buy the setup reguardless as my ittle L16 needs mo powa!

Unless you have a ported A87 head, cam with .510 lift and 410 duration and with all the valve train goodies to go with it, header and 4.375 rear gears a 38/38 is too big. Hell a 32/34 is too big for a stock L16 unless you step into it slowly. Bigger carb does not mean bigger power. If this were true we would all have 1080 cfm Holly double pumpers on our L motors. Spend the money on an EI dizzy or a new 32/34 Weber or better a 4.11 Subaru diff.

If you buy, get it cheap so you can sell later and make a couple of bucks.

• Like 1

The price seems reasonable. I plan to try and stroke as much power out of this L16 as i can, as i DO NOT want to swap the motor for something more modern. I like keeping things close to how they came. I was told by the 510 nut selling this that he had no intentions of selling it otherwise and would be there for me to buy years from now. Hes got one hellacious stash of parts, and a very nice orange 510.

• Like 1