Weird rear bumper

sikn3s

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some 510's had overrider tubes. I've seen them on front and rears, usually just on restorations. Generally they are destroyed after 40 years.

If the license plate light is in the middle, I am assuming your 510 is a '68, or the bumper is off of a '68. 69+ I believe have the lights on either side of the plate.

'68 rear bumper (with over riders) if license light in the middle. I don't think the '68 had rear red side markers, '69 had round red ones and '70 on had the red rectangular ones. The front amber side markers were the 'arrow' style and used for '68 and '69 and became rectangular in '70.

The car is a 73. The front fenders are fiberglass along with hood overfenders and trunk. Maybe the fenders the previous owner bought had to use the previous lights as maybe they only came with those cutouts. Idk. Sorry about the lack of pictures I'll try and take more. The car last drove on it's own power 8 years ago and the car has passed hands more than a few times. So many parts that I don't know if it's oem or not.