Help, throttle cable.....

510 Bomber

so i must post nothing but HELP posts. but i took my motor out. sealed it up. and put it back in. took WAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY to long. but i work alot. it was a great deal of fun and learning.

sooooo my buddy took off my throttle cable without me knowing. and now when i put it back on, it just hangs.

can someone take a pic of theirs for me? i have a L20b motor. would help me out alot. also pumpkn210 said theres an adjustment, but ill check that out in the morning.

thanks for the help.

I NEED THE BOMBER BACK ON THE ROAD!!!!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That metal end just above your thumb is clamped to a holder that appears to be missing.

Should look somewhat like this, although several types were used on the 620. In the picture below the screw and a small piece is missing that grips the cable end.

77goonplugsLarge.jpg

alrite, i found that part. it was in the pan i cleaned my motor over. put that part on.

left my battery on charge. then cranked that baby over. it runs. buttttt........ it revs high, smokes from around the intake area.....and theres a knock when i drive it.

well fuck. atleast it runs, i guess. now waitin for my bro to come home and he could help me out.

alrite, i found that part. it was in the pan i cleaned my motor over. put that part on.

left my battery on charge. then cranked that baby over. it runs. buttttt........ it revs high, smokes from around the intake area.....and theres a knock when i drive it.

well fuck. atleast it runs, i guess. now waitin for my bro to come home and he could help me out.

Choke on with fast idle or throttle cable not adjusted right.... make sure it has a slight bit of slack and isn't holding the carb open.

Smoke is just oily hand prints or residual cleaner/splashed oil burning off.... it will go away.

Knock, like a hammer hitting a hunk of wood or more like a sharp tap???? If it wasn't knocking before it shouldn't be now.

Guest kamakazi620

Choke on with fast idle or throttle cable not adjusted right.... make sure it has a slight bit of slack and isn't holding the carb open.

Smoke is just oily hand prints or residual cleaner/splashed oil burning off.... it will go away.

Knock, like a hammer hitting a hunk of wood or more like a sharp tap???? If it wasn't knocking before it shouldn't be now.

He forgot to mention he used kitty litter in the oil pan to clean it THEN left it in there!!!!! Hahahahahahahaa and a green scotch brite pad!!!!!

well i belive i just start thinkin the worst when somehting happens. smoke was the cleaner smoking off,.....ima idiot. the knock, well it went away. but i do gotta repack my wheel bearings. the the over rev, well cable was to tight. so today i found out that my datsun runs. then i found out that ima idiot.

and i didnt use kitty litter. just oven cleaner, gease lighting, scotch brite pad and wire brushes. hahha

but holy shit, cant wait to drive around town tommrw showing off my DATSUN!!!!