E-85

Vitamin Pepsi

So, here's my plan. I'm going to go to the gas station with my cabureted 280z's gas needle on empty. I'm going to run it until it just about runs out of gas, then I'm going to put a teensy bit of e-85 in the tank. Theeen I'm going to see if it runs. If it doesnt, I figure I can just fill the rest up with normal gas and that will dillute the rest.

.....Am... am I going to blow my car up?

I hatched this plan 5 minutes ago, whilst very, very drunk.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I'm not mistaken e85 is made from cor instead of oil.I've read that if ur gaskets and fuel lines aren't alcohol rated it will dry them out and cause massive leaks. I know on efi engines it requires 20% more fuel then normal gasoline to operate But it's also rated at 105 octane.

Yes the octane is higher but this is resistance to self ignition. It allows you to run a higher compression and that increases the engine efficiency. To get the most efficiency, you should increase the compression to 11 or 12 maybe higher.

He said it's a carbbed 280Z.

Doesn't really matter though. It'll probably START on E85, run like crap, and if left any length of time it'll find every older rubber part in the fuel system (hoses, carb gaskets, accelerator pump bellows, etc) and turn them to goo. Hell, the E15 they pass off as normal gasoline around here rots hoses.

He said it's a carbbed 280Z.

Doesn't really matter though. It'll probably START on E85, run like crap, and if left any length of time it'll find every older rubber part in the fuel system (hoses, carb gaskets, accelerator pump bellows, etc) and turn them to goo. Hell, the E15 they pass off as normal gasoline around here rots hoses.

Ding Ding Ding! we have a winner! yes even the E15 you have (Oregon is E10 I think), has been proven to be potentially harmful to carbs and small engines.