Engine stand bolt size/thread pitch?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I use some old L series head bolts with washers, works great.

Not too long?

I remember getting some bolts from the parts department here at work but they turned out to be way too long. I used some washers as well but the engine didn't seem to be held sturdy enough. Im pretty sure I have some extra head bolts laying around so I'll try them this evening. Thanks for the tip.

I get a used head bolt to store where you can get bolts.

take the mount part and head bolt with a washer and put mount behind block then insert head bolt then calculate how long you need the bolt and get 4 of them. as the top are a ceratain length. maybe use old bolts also as to see how deep they are.

Gotcha. I'll try that today. Thanks for the help.

Not too long?

I remember getting some bolts from the parts department here at work but they turned out to be way too long. I used some washers as well but the engine didn't seem to be held sturdy enough. Im pretty sure I have some extra head bolts laying around so I'll try them this evening. Thanks for the tip.

I used some very thick washers with the short head bolts. The head bolts are of very high quality, they won't break.

With L engines, the thread diameter and pitch is M10-1.5 for the engine to transmission bolts. I do not know what the thread specifications are with your 320 trucks.

obviously, long enough to have several threads screw into the engine block. You do not want it to fall. On you.

I used some very thick washers with the short head bolts. The head bolts are of very high quality, they won't break.

Bastards are tight as well on the heads. I was gonna remove a head about 3 weeks ago. I removed all but 2 bolts with my impact. The last 2 just laughed at me. A good battery charge would have helped :/

With L engines, the thread diameter and pitch is M10-1.5 for the engine to transmission bolts. I do not know what the thread specifications are with your 320 trucks.

obviously, long enough to have several threads screw into the engine block. You do not want it to fall. On you.

Yeah, I need them for a L16. Definitely don't want it to fall on me. I dropped a 5 speed on my pinky once and it felt like it was gonna pop. I was too chicken to drill a hole in the nail to release the pressure. My nail finally fell off like 2 months later.