My b210 build thread.

josh_t

I guess i tell the story of my car here. I have a 76 B210 deluxe 2-door sedan. It has an automoatic, a/c, and the A14. I bought the car on black friday of 2010 in cleveland, TN for the low, low price of $150. It was running when i bought it, but not very well. It was owned by one of my best friends aunt's, who lived next door. And they didnt care about it, so got to look at different things and test things before i bought it whenever i went over there. All that was necessary was the jets needed to be unclogged before it ran. The brakes were almost to the metal on the front and the rear reservoir was empty. Needless to say, it went straight to the floor. It was very much a surprise when i pulled the wheel well cover off and could see the ground. We all gasped and it was an awkward moment. The floor pans were expected to be bad, so it wasnt a surprise. It was a very dirty car, but under the mold and dirt was a decent paint job. For the most part, the interior was decent but dirty. It had obviously been in a couple very small accidents. Those are the main points of the first impressions of my car. I'll let the pics do the rest of the talking. http://www.flickr.com/photos/67264469@N08/sets/72157627592691935/

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since those pictures were taken, i have done the following things: 1. The car had an internally regulated alternator from an 81 210 that went bad, so i naturally replaced it with another one just like it. 2. Since it had the I.R. alternator, i had to mod the old regulator harness. 3. It had previously been converted to electric fuel pump, and it went bad, so i had a friend find me a new pump and it is a huge in-line bosch pump supposedly from an efi car. 4. The new pump caused flooding since my return line was clogged, so that had to be fixed. 5. The front brakes got new pads, 6. Many things were adjusted back to spec including, the parking brake, the rear brakes, and valve lash. 7. It got a complete sound system overhaul. 2x Polk Audio mm6501's from 91, custom mounted in the doors, 2x Pioneer TS-M871's from the late 90's, a Pioneer tape deck with RCA out, and CD changer capability, and a Pioneer 760 watt 2 channel amp powering 2x AudioPipe iPipe 10's. 8. It got a set of Accel Superstock 8mm plug wires and a 5" tach both generously donated by a fellow Ratsuner. The tach is under the dash to maintain a "sleeper" look. 9. A previous owner started an emissions delete by removing the cat and smog system. I finished it by removing the EVAP canister and all related parts as well as fully disabling the EGR system. 10. The timing was advanced 5°, making it a total static timing of 15° BTDC. 10. The factory exhaust was replaced with a (go ahead and diss on it) "fart can" and a glass pack as a resonator. 11. The rear end gasket and oil have been changed. 12. I cleaned up the rusty steel wheels and painted them black. 13. The gas tank has been cleaned out. (hopefully this time will be the last.) 14. The front bumper was removed, since a previous owner cut part of it off after the wreck in the front. 15. Various parts under the hood have been painted. http://www.flickr.com/photos/67264469@N08/sets/72157627722836748/

just washing it made so nice

yea it did. it really came as a surprise after that first time. i did scrub a spot out of the dirt before i got it, but i didnt expect it to look as good as it did.

looks good man.

i thought about putting a tach on my car but figured id wait until i swap to a standard. instead i put in a volt meter in the exact same spot.

I was going to wait too, but i got that one yesterday for free so i was like "why would i wait?". No use having gauges sitting around not doing anything.

• 4 weeks later...

today i finally got all my vacuum problems temporarily sorted out. i'll make them permanent in a couple weeks. Started that EGR shift light that i mentioned a while back. Seems i have to use a small LED instead of a regular incandescent bulb. No big deal, i have a red one laying around somewhere. Pics when its done. For now, just watch how nice it runs without vacuum leaks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2VdYRykqME

• 2 weeks later...

WOW, Outstanding job JOSH. What a piece of crap you started with and transformed into a daily driver. beautiful paint too. :thumbup:

My B210 was never that bad, I bought mine for $500 when it had 98K miles and today my B210 has 230+K. Mine will idle at 500 to 700 RPM. Great Job, on your 76 Deluxe, enjoy the great gas mileage.

Try ROCK AUTO for replacement parts, Ratsun has a sticky for 5% discount code.

I like your OIC's, very nice.

81 dcr 06. instead of the stock dch. i wouldnt get massive gains from a weber as its stock but i am really diggin the really smooth response. i can slowly put it through all throttle angles without any flat spots and i can snap the gas open and shut and it does its thing just fine. i was dead set on gettin performance out of this motor but getting a l16 for free is giving me incentive to keep the A stock. i'm gonna like it other than no balls.

it is and its not a good idea but it doesnt flood it out as long as you control it manually. it used to not flood it at all and it would keep it at the right level in the carb but now it will flood it if you leave it on too long. and my mechanical pump showers the strut tower so i cant run it without a pump and it was free. that will change this friday. new mech. pump and some top end gaskets.

• 3 months later...

Long time, no update. Well i got the beast running and driving and turning and stopping real nice. Got new wheels. Appliance wiremag 14x7 +10. Got them for free. I have a Holley 5200 that i'm rebuilding and working on getting jets for to put on it. Putting some finishing touches on my exhaust. Still having trouble with the stuck temperature sensor. Pulled the head so it would be more accessible and found out that my engine is almost brand new inside. I'm assuming a rebuild happened, as there are still hone marks in my cylinders. Pistons are quite clean. Plugs are all tan. Combustion chambers are nice looking. Not much buildup of carbon. There are NO signs whatsoever of detonation at 15 degrees BTDC. I like that. I found out that it has a '77 exhaust manifold. Not sure on the intake manifold yet. Another pleasant surprise is that a PO upped the down pipe size to 1.75 instead of 1.5. Makes me wonder what else they did to it, performance wise.

• 4 months later...

lol. funny thing is, it was just running out when i turned in. I pumped it lightly a few times after it started acting funny, i put 20 bucks in gas in it and then before i started it, i popped the hood and sure enough, the filter before the pump was dry. so i was like wow we got lucky.

• 1 month later...