racing seats for 720 standard cab?

ZackTheImpaler

So if anyhone has followed the big cam thread then you know I'm building a gnarly l20, in whichcase I need seats for my 720. Which doesn't have seats at all. Scary enough as is with my outlaw 38/38 I can only imagine what it will be like later.

I need real seats, and I want them very light. Any of you race guys have suggestions for seats? Its a standard cab!

And I need to start looking for a smaller steering wheel.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you don't have seats!? haha you drive that thing around a lot too don't ya? any way the bare plastic racing seats from jegs or summit are light but very uncomfortable imho. I have a $99 full upholstered racing seat in my 510 and it's pretty comfy but not too much lighter than a stock bucket. I have seen them a o'reilly's, jegs and summit.

Well the thing is the standard cab 720 is pretty friggin small. I had seats but I'm a road warrior and am driving all the time. At some point I was stopped somewhere and ripped the back of the seats off. A lot roomier now, but yes I drive with no seats. I am 6'1" as most datsun owners are, and I need something kind of tiny and not thick.

I see some guys dragging in trucks, they just really short? Doesn't seem safe for me. Maybe if I got a smaller steering wheel.

• 3 weeks later...

I had 89 Integra seat in my truck at one point and they were pretty good.

281730146_large.jpg

Here's how I modified them to bolt on to the factory holes using Nissan seat brackets.

281730252_large.jpg

I currently have 93 Integra seats and these are abit bulkier and sit higher but look way better.

281730269_large.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Those do look pretty comfortable. You have the standard cab? I like how thin the back is, that is what prompted me to rip the back off my seats and just ride with the bottom cushion.

Hell even the 50 dollar plastic ones look more comfortable. My back is killing me haha I can't wait until the wagon is rolling...

I just bought and installed a Sparco R100 ($300) in my 720. The seats arent light, but the more expensive ones are. It feels great and is great quality

I have an 87 hardbody and I know the cab dimensions are diffent than your 720, but I have a set of approx 1987 nissan 300zx seats in my hardbody. They arent light by todays standards, but they are a lot lighter than doing a captain chair swap out of a w21 pathfinder. Also if you take out the headrests, you shave about 6.5lb off of each seat and they tuck beautifully under the seal for the back window which gives you a lot of extra legroom. My brother is 6'3" and he fits in just fine. also at least with my truck the brackets from the 300 seats bolt right up to the factory bench holes on both sides. you do have to add extra holes on the inside of each seat because the bench only has a pair of holes on each side but all in all a painless install that still looks factory, you can also take a w21 pathfinder console and it tucks right in between the seatsand you have cupholders and the console is really light. Like I said I know the two models are slightly different but I hope this information was helpful to you.