Trade, Is it worth it?

Kyo

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HAve you done a compression check on Z

Will be something I do in person, when i go and see it..

This is pretty off topic but...... Do you ever go by George and see all those 521s in that scrap yard right off the freeway ? , because i was wondering if they are still there..They used to sit to the East end of yard.

Yeah Last I checked they were still there but it has been awhile I don't get out there much any more..

Kyo,

If I'm not mistaken Bob3 is a Miata ninja. Not to mention he's got like 2,900 Datsuns, so you might get his take on the trade.

http://community.ratsun.net/user/732-bob3/

Thanks for the tip, Will send him a pm..

It's not often you see a Miata in nice, stock condish with a proper manual gearbox. They are usually in crap condition from neglect and leaving the top down, or cut up by kids trying to make them less "girly".

What would you want to do to the Z? The hood itself looks a bit lumpy. Is the rest of the car like that? It definitely has potential (and would probably clean up nice with some elbow grease) but sorting the mechanicals will cost you time and money. Probably something the Miata doesn't need.

Is the Z wearing original paint? Also nice to see a Z that hasn't been rattlecanned over (if that's the case). Buff out the paint, chrome and lenses, take a toothbrush to the engine bay, vacuum and wipe the interior down, and stand back...I think it would look good. You are in a tough spot here!

:D

What would you want to do to the Z? The hood itself looks a bit lumpy. Is the rest of the car like that? It definitely has potential (and would probably clean up nice with some elbow grease) but sorting the mechanicals will cost you time and money. Probably something the Miata doesn't need.

My gaol would be a classic driver for the weekends, and later restoration.. From what I can tell the body is pretty sraight.

Mechanicals I can do, I have the tools and time as it would not be my daily driver... rust repair would have to be sent out..

Is the Z wearing original paint? Also nice to see a Z that hasn't been rattlecanned over (if that's the case). Buff out the paint, chrome and lenses, take a toothbrush to the engine bay, vacuum and wipe the interior down, and stand back...I think it would look good. You are in a tough spot here!

:D

From what I was Told, Yes it has All Original Paint, Was a Cali car up in tell 04-05. Never been in a major accident and never been repainted.

Tough spot for sure. I love my miata but have wanted a Datsun Z for a long time now..

Thanks for the info ...kyo and Wildwiener

No Problem..