Need parts for my 1966 520

1: "Datsun1300" fender emblem-must be early style that measures 10 inches long.

2: Rear bumperettes, new or rechromed.

3: Carburetor for stock J1300, Nikki.

4: Tail light assemblies, including everything as apparently mine are 521's.

5: Grill, NOS or new.

6: Window fuzzies, NOS or new.

7: Stock floor covering, vinyl mat?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1: "Datsun1300" fender emblem-must be early style that measures 10 inches long.

2: Rear bumperettes, new or rechromed.

3: Carburetor for stock J1300, Nikki.

4: Tail light lenses, NOS or new.

5: Grill, NOS or new.

6: Window fuzzies, NOS or new.

7: Shift knob

8: Stock floor covering, vinyl mat?

Hi, pretty sure I have the emblems. Please measure your tail light lens...I have some new ones might be for a 521. I most likely have a shift know too. Tana

Lenses measure about 16 1/2" when measured from the outside, here's a pic. Hoping to see a pic of the emblems with a tape across the length along with the other stuff you mentioned. Thanks again, Mike.

Datsun520taillight2.jpg

Hate to tell you this guy, but them taillights are not from a 66 520, they are 521 taillights that someone has put on your 66 if that is what you have. Here are photos of what the 66 520 taillights and front lenses look like, these are just the lenses.

DSCN0943.jpg

DSCN0945.jpg

just want to add that the 520 also came w/ a back up light in the lens.

IMG_7260.jpg

if Tana can't help you out, I got a set of 520 lens w/o the backup light and I might have the emblems. Just PM me if ur interested.

He might also need the buckets and mounting hardware, it is hard to tell. Do you have any photos of the taillight area of your truck vettespeed? We really need a little more info on what you do have, obviously you snapped/copied a photo of a 521 taillight assembly/bumperettes, do you have the bumperette mounting brackets?

He might also need the buckets and mounting hardware, it is hard to tell. Do you have any photos of the taillight area of your truck vettespeed? We really need a little more info on what you do have, obviously you snapped/copied a photo of a 521 taillight assembly/bumperettes, do you have the bumperette mounting brackets?

Those were acutal pictures from my 1966 520. Are you saying my bumperettes are off a 521 also? Mine are a little rough and would like some nice shiny new ones. As far as the tail lights, the ones on it fit/work/look so nice I'm starting to think I'll stick with them and just hunt down new/NOS lenses for them, you say they are a 521? Here's some more photos of the bumpers and tail lights on my truck. Thanks guys, Mike.

Datsunbumpertaillight3.jpg

Datsunbumpertaillight2.jpg

Datsunbumpertaillight.jpg

Hate to tell you this guy, but them taillights are not from a 66 520, they are 521 taillights that someone has put on your 66 if that is what you have.

Hi guys,

Just want to confirm that my tail lights are indeed wrong and off a 521. I'm a little surprised as my truck seems to be very original down to all the original braided radiator and heater hoses. I ask because I see this 1967 520 in the classifieds and it has the exact same tail lights as mine, check it out: 520.

That's a nice looking single headlight 520 truck. If the grill is good enough to re-plate/re-chome, that's your best avenue, as i have no idea where Bob3 found his new looking one. The 521 taillights should probably stay, if removed and 520 housings/lenses are installed, you will likely need to repair and paint the old 521 mount bracket areas. There are remanufatured bumperettes on ebay, but I have heard they are lacking in quality, not necsessarily true, but it is what i have heard, the shipping costs scare me away from them.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.