SoCal: 620 Window Visors, Round Port Long Tube Header and more

Lowered Prices!!!

620 Stainless Steel window visors, 60$ Not ones show in picture but exactly same maker/style.

No Dents Dings or Pitting.

60$

shoot3.jpg?t=1298513202

Stainless Steel Gemini header, Round Port was told for a 720 (Didn't clear torsion on my 620), Very well built stainless steel thick flanges and long tube design for proven torque and horsepower.

100$

img0505xu.jpg

img0507k.jpg

Wood "Junis Auto Future" steering wheel, uses Nardi bolt pattern, never seen another one like it in the US, imported from Nippon

150 OR BEST OFFER (TRADE?)

27181722655317236421408.jpg

Lot of Three B210 Badges, 30$ Shipped

img20110810094738.jpg

DIY Cold Air Intake for Weber 32/36 (Will work on most DGV/DGAV ect... Model Webers) on a 620, K&N Intake Plenum with Home-made headlight funnel, Works really well! Idea came up due to the truck running like a dog on hot summer days, Not only did this fix the issue but during the cold night truck ran extremely well and responsive.

100$

img20110823173308.jpg

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what kind of z parts would you be willing to trade for the l16? im in need of an engine for my truck and im seventeen so im kinda ballin on a budget. i have almost a complete z but the engine i have to keep, for future projects haha

The reason for the extra holes is by 1980 (actually, by mid calendar 1979) all L20B blocks were actually Z20 castings. If you look between #2 and #3 cylinders there's an angled flat surface on the block, which is where they would machine flat and engrave the Z20E or Z20S engine designator and serial number. L20Bs prior to the 1980 model year didn't have these extra castings.

Since the L20B and Z20 were virtually identical, it made sense to make one casting then machine them to whichever spec they used. I have several of these late casting L20Bs. The serial number all end with "W" on a separate machined pad. I've also seen L16s with the same weird NAPS-Z castings, though in those cases they are likely a Z18 casting, used for "crate" replacement engines.

That would be me. I've seen another one posted here too. The "crate" L16s weren't all that uncommon at one time, showed up as low-mile Japanese used engines too. Mostly had non-EFI W53 heads on them.

This is an L16, but you'd never know it unless you looked at the serial number:

L16-3.JPG

The "proof" of it's crate-engine origins is the 2 dipsticks: one for rear sump apps, one for front-sup apps. They didn't know where the engine was destined.

L16-2.JPG

One of my late L20Bs, but with the Z20 casting bosses on the driver's side. Identical to the engine queried about in the post:

pcv01.JPG

The curious thing is that both of the "late" L20Bs I have with the NAPS-Z castings and extra mount holes are for some reason painted Chevy orange.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.