Thank you to whom ever drove into a power poll

Apparently someone ran into a power poll or something and knocked out power here at my work. Normally this would be sweet, except I work in IT and have to try and safely power down two dozen servers before the UPS dies. I got half way through powering everything down and the UPS dies. Keep in mind this is in a room with no windows and no backup lights, at least around the server rack.

Long story short is one of our servers took a shit. Power supply failed and appears to have taken a few bits of harware with it. Uhg...

Thanks to whom ever it was. You made my perfectly good week turn to shit in a less than a second.

• Like 1
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and fuck motherfuckers on backhoes seriously, those two things are the bane of my job.

When power goes down for the servers in my job I hear about 10 calls right off about it.

Searching for the positive in your dilemma~ now'd be a great time to make the pitch for bigger/more UPS's.... and a flashlight.