SU Style Carbs and J13 Transmission Plate

I picked these up and am selling them for a friend. To be straight-up I do not know much about either. But here are pix and I will answer questions as they come as best I can.

The first are a set of SU Style Carbs. I do not know of their history except that they were stored for years. The linkage and everything works smoothly. Pistons slide up and down freely. From their looks, they PROBABLY came off a running vehicle, but that is pure speculation.

Also, I do not know which car they came off orginally. The mounts look to be slotted, so I assume it wasn't Datsun originally. I tried to research that particular part number but I didn't get much info. Bruce from Z-therapy came over and looked at them during Canby and he said they are not the flat-tops with all the smog crap on them. So that is a plus.

You get everything in the pix: Isolators, spacers, heat shield and other odds and ends.

carbsA.jpg

carbsC.jpg

carbsD.jpg

$50 + shipping.

The second item I am not that sure of either. It is a transmission plate with "J13" written on the top of it. My guess is that it is a transmission adapter plate, but my J-Series knowledge is lacking. I am guessing somebody else on here might recognize it. The plate is just shy of about 1/4" thick and is in great shape. Little bit of surface rust that should come off in a few minutes with elbow grease.

J13Tranny-plate.jpg

$25 + shipping.

I am in the Seattle area. Local pickup is always preferred, but I ship with no issues.

Thank for looking!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ISO is a Chinese carb co. I think.

That may be. Not sure though. It does have a little Hitachi logo stamped on top of one of the parts.For some reason a lot of my searches end up on European cars. They seem to be 38mm though. But that is all the information I have ever recovered.

That may be. Not sure though. It does have a little Hitachi logo stamped on top of one of the parts.For some reason a lot of my searches end up on European cars. They seem to be 38mm though. But that is all the information I have ever recovered.

They sure look like Hitachis and who know who ISO were back 30 years ago.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hm priced ship to 98201

Sorry about the wait. I have been stuck at work, and hadn't had a chance to get the bits together for a good weight check. Up to your zip should be around $15, but I just noticed you lived in Everett. I go up that way quite a bit, so I wouldn't be opposed to meeting up.

For all others looking to maybe get these, here are the dimensions of the package:

20" x 12" x 12"

12lbs

coming from 98126

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.