what donor parts do i need to put power windows on my 521?

Sorry guys this might be another stupid question. i did some looking around but no luck. i would love to put power windows and maybe power door locks on my "71" pl521 baby. what donor parts should i look for? i have a few says off work and have some time in my hands to work on my truck. thanks in advance. im new here and i love all th 4411111 given on this thread. thanks to all the experienced members. you guys make it easy for neew beees like me. :DVIVA RATSUN CABRONES!!!!"

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have used both Ford and GM motors and switches.

I custom made my own for Datsun 1200 like this, it might work for the 521 also:

2258.jpg

2259.jpg

1878.jpg

A *+* to you, 'zilla, but sorry to say~ but not enuff info here. Do you have a build thread for this mod? I'm piqued at the possibility of power glass as well. Show us your build/mods!

thank you for thr info on the donor parts to modify my 521 into power windows. ive never seen one yet i cant wait to kick off this part of the project.thamks again:) VIVA RATZUN CABRONES!:lol:

• 1 month later...

I used the power windows from an S110 in my 620. Just swapped the glass over to the lifting mechanism drilled a hole and riveted a metal strap across an opening. Used the older style GM switches so I could work the pass side one as well. They worked the first try.

Since then I 'collected' the power windows (four door) from an '84 Maxima... haven't tried them yet in my 710. Not surprising I haven't seen them in years. They're under my junk pile of parts.

You've probably got a whole universe of hard to find parts under parts!

I used the power windows from an S110 in my 620. Just swapped the glass over to the lifting mechanism drilled a hole and riveted a metal strap across an opening. Used the older style GM switches so I could work the pass side one as well. They worked the first try.

Since then I 'collected' the power windows (four door) from an '84 Maxima... haven't tried them yet in my 710. Not surprising I haven't seen them in years. They're under my junk pile of parts.