3/17/12-I have one more if anybody is interested.

(2nd LSD chunk has sold as well, thanks)

R160 25 spline clutch type LSD chunk/guts for swap into your diff. I think you can use your own ring and pinion to create 3.7, 3.9, 4.11 etc?

$200(first one pictured has been sold)

Located near Fresno CA.

3be3e752.jpg

af9eba49.jpg

9f5918a1.jpg

f983ec2f.jpg

abcc5c63.jpg

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So wil this bolt into the r160 off the stock 510 diff? How much HP/TQ do u think it can handle?

I believe so. I was going to buy a 3.7 or 3.9 open suby rear diff and then just swap this in. I have no clue as to how much hp/torque they can handle but I have seen people run these with sr20 swaps. Your stub axles or half shafts would most likely go before the LSD does anyways. Here's a cut/paste and link with some info that might help answer your ?'s.

http://www.legacycentral.org/library/literature/differential.htm#What%20is%20a%20Limited-Slip%20Differential,%20and%20what%20are

What if you find a 3.70 Subaru LSD, but want a 3.90 or 4.11 ratio? I have heard that the 3.70 Subaru units will fit inside the 510 R-160 cases, and that the 510 ring & pinions will fit inside the Subaru R-160 cases. I have not seen nor done this myself, so I cannot offer specifics, nor guarantee that this is the case. I am sure that Subaru LSD units will interchange inside all of the Subaru R-160 cases, using various Subaru R-160 ring & pinion ratios. I purchased a used Subaru 3.70 LSD unit and a used legacy 4.11 open R-160 differential and created a 4.11 LSD unit from the parts. I paid a rear-end shop $120 to drill the six 10mm holes out to 11mm so the Subaru LSD unit's bolts could be used, and to set up the newly assembled unit with the correct tolerances. You MUST use either the Nissan Motorsports LSD 10mm x 1.25 ring gear bolt set (Part # 99996-D3100, bolts cost $8 each and you'll need 8 of them), or just BE SURE to use the bolts that came with the LSD unit, not the ones from the open differential whenever you do this or your LSD innards will chew themselves to pieces. List member Gary Savage did put a Subaru LSD carrier from a 3.70 ratio differential into his 510 using the 510 differential case, the NISMO LSD bolt set and the Nissan 4.11 ring & pinion to get the 4.11 LSD he wanted, with no reported problems to date.

• 7 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.