datsun plant sticker?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya I knew that the plant started In 75, and I knew its in kanda. I want to know if it was a regular practice putting stickers on fuel doors and were many trucks imported in america from this plant? Anyone else have similar stickers?

I never seen such a sticker.

1980 and newer Datsun have the plant code on the underhood ID plate.

Kyushu plant is code "W". Free tours on weekends.

My favorite is Plant "F", where some Datsuns were made at Fuji Heavy Industries for a short time.

This be the sticker! My 77 has it....I like it. Gonna try to save it on the repaint!

2011-07-27_08-42-56_567.jpg

That one is really clean. You should have someone reproduce that.

This be the sticker! My 77 has it....I like it. Gonna try to save it on the repaint!

2011-07-27_08-42-56_567.jpg

When I painted my car, I put tape over the stickers on the core support and then razor bladed the excess off. Stickers look like there were placed on after I painted.

When I painted my car, I put tape over the stickers on the core support and then razor bladed the excess off. Stickers look like there were placed on after I painted.

Well I am going to go a different route........I am going to tape the stickers off for the basecoat, spray color, de mask the stickers and then clearcoat over them. I have had much success with this over the years, including the last 4 dattos that I did a full repaint on. The Kyushu sticker will live on, as placed when built, with a nice layer of urethane clear over it LOL!

• Like 1