82 Nissan Sentra Wagon w/ 53k original Miles

I have just bought a 1982 Nissan Sentra Wagon 2wd with only 53,000 original miles on it. It was garaged its whole life and doesn't have a spec of rust ANYWHERE on it. The paint looks like new, the interior is clean and straight. A few tiny little dings in the body but nothing serious. It looks like a 5 year old car, not a nearly 30 year old car! It has the radio delete, automatic transmission and power brakes with the 1.5l, dual carb engine. It needs tires/wheels and the exhaust from the muffler back needs to be replaced, but other than that it is ready to go!

I will post some pictures soon

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is the normal front wheel drive model with the 1.5, even has the radio delete so no DX perks here! I had the car looked over by by mechanic yesterday and I know a bit more now about it. First off the exhaust and cat are fine all the way to the muffler. So, I will just get a nice, quiet, stock muffler and tailpipe. The only repairs it needs is the o-ring on the distributor has a slight leak and the carb needs the idle dialed in. He talked me into resisting modding it at all since the freaking thing is like a museum piece. The only mod I plan on doing now is to put upgraded wheels and tires on it since it badly needs all 4 tires. It has 155/80r13 tires all the way around on her right now and according to tirerack.com the OEM size was originally 170/70r13.

I'd like to go with a set of 15" or maybe 16" rims. I have seen 280ZX and 300ZX 4-lug rims in the paper and was wondering if they have the proper offset and backspacing? Anyone know if all Nissan 4 lug wheels are the 4-114 size? I'd like to go with stock Nissan rims of some sort instead of aftermarket, but may even be interested in stock rims from honda, toyota, etc. if they will fit.

I will get those pics up soon. I wanted to detail her a bit first!

I put ZX wheels on everything! They will be a slightly more aggresive offset, but shouldn't run into any problems there. Sometimes a brake caliper might rub depending on the wheel.{i highly doubt it on a sentra} I had a 1994 Altima that i had Snowflake ZX wheels on and they where fine. Then i switched to the swatika ZX wheel and the caliper rubbed a little. I just took the wheel off and sanded the spot a little and they where good to go. ZX turbo wheels are 15" and the non turbo seven spokes a 14" They are all good looking wheels IMO. Swaztika's are my favorite. there is also many other stock nissan wheels in that pattern, pretty much any 4-lug nissan wheel. honda mostly 4x100 except some accords.

The wagon looks great, good find. I had an 86 sentra 2 door 5spd that got great mileage. My 86 was an interference engine with a timing belt. Cost me much time and $ getting the head redone when mine broke at about 80k. Due to the mileage, I'd be thinking that the owner never considered changing it, so that would be my 1st maintenance job. Also change the belt tensioner, since mine failed about 15k after I changed the timing belt and I had to go back in there again.

It is the normal front wheel drive model with the 1.5, even has the radio delete so no DX perks here! I had the car looked over by by mechanic yesterday and I know a bit more now about it. First off the exhaust and cat are fine all the way to the muffler. So, I will just get a nice, quiet, stock muffler and tailpipe. The only repairs it needs is the o-ring on the distributor has a slight leak and the carb needs the idle dialed in. He talked me into resisting modding it at all since the freaking thing is like a museum piece. The only mod I plan on doing now is to put upgraded wheels and tires on it since it badly needs all 4 tires. It has 155/80r13 tires all the way around on her right now and according to tirerack.com the OEM size was originally 170/70r13.

I'd like to go with a set of 15" or maybe 16" rims. I have seen 280ZX and 300ZX 4-lug rims in the paper and was wondering if they have the proper offset and backspacing? Anyone know if all Nissan 4 lug wheels are the 4-114 size? I'd like to go with stock Nissan rims of some sort instead of aftermarket, but may even be interested in stock rims from honda, toyota, etc. if they will fit.

I will get those pics up soon. I wanted to detail her a bit first!

Looks good!

280zx and 300zx wheels should fit, I have 15x7 +10s on my 85 sentra with little problems:

they may rub in front if i ran a wider tire though..

http://i3.photobucke...LF/IMG_0068.jpg