72 datsun 510 wagon ka24..thoughts?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its been up on CL for a couple months now. If you need a local to go look it over and take photos..let us know. I'm probably about 40 min from Riverside.

Thanks guys for your imput...i appreciate it...I am kind of new to the Datsun scene, grew up with Honda's but a year or so my dad got a 521 and i love it..As far as the engine swap what should i look for and what questions should I ask? According to seller the motor has 120,000 miles on it...Also I don't believe the price is firm since seller asked that i make an offer..

Thank you all for you help...

matt

Who cares if it's a salvage title? It's a Datsun, and you're not getting it to flip it. As long as the unibody isn't bent, who cares what a piece of paper that is going to sit in a desk at home says?

Also, the engine has an automatic tranny, which means chances are that the engine hasn't been romped on and abused. The automatic ECU is the one without the rev limiter, so you won't have to go searching for that either. WIN.

Who cares if it's a salvage title? It's a Datsun, and you're not getting it to flip it. As long as the unibody isn't bent, who cares what a piece of paper that is going to sit in a desk at home says?

Also, the engine has an automatic tranny, which means chances are that the engine hasn't been romped on and abused. The automatic ECU is the one without the rev limiter, so you won't have to go searching for that either. WIN.

Yeah the salvage title didnt really concern me as long as everything is in order...maybe ill go up and take a look at it..

Thanks everyone for their imput..

ok..just talked to seller and he will consider $2600, i guess im going to have to make the trip up to Riverside..

With an engine swap what questions should I ask? also what should i look for as far as signs or noises that there could be an issue? with the swap

thanks

matt

ok..just talked to seller and he will consider $2600, i guess im going to have to make the trip up to Riverside..

With an engine swap what questions should I ask? also what should i look for as far as signs or noises that there could be an issue? with the swap

thanks

matt

For that price $2600.00 just take it for a test drive. If it runs good and handles O.K. you can't go wrong. The title issue on a car that old no biggie.

Just make sure all the lights work and the brakes are good. Also if all the wires are a birds nest under the hood that might be a problem down the road. Good luck. Hope to see you and your new wagon soon.

I would say....make sure the drive shaft has been shortened and balanced properly.

It will make MEGA-NOISE if it isn't.

Gauges may or may not work depending if they put aftermarket gauges or not.

my $0.02

-goki

• Like 1

For that price $2600.00 just take it for a test drive. If it runs good and handles O.K. you can't go wrong. The title issue on a car that old no biggie.

Just make sure all the lights work and the brakes sre good. Also if all the wires are a birds nest under the hood that might be a problem down the road. Good luck. Hope to see you and your new wagon soon.

yah...wiring! if it's done properly, it will be nice and neat. My personal opinion, I would stay away from a swapped car if it has wiring all over the place...fire hazard = no bueno

I would say....make sure the drive shaft has been shortened and balanced properly.

It will make MEGA-NOISE if it isn't.

Gauges may or may not work depending if they put aftermarket gauges or not.

my $0.02

-goki

Awesome ..thank you...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.