H190 and R200 posi guts.

The clutches in the H190 and R200 posi appear to have the same dimensions. The H190 has 2 spider gears where the R200 has 4. I don't have access to an R200 so my question is how similar are the guts between the two. More specifically, can the R200 spider gears fit into the H190 housing?

Thanks,

Phil

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I compared the D-21 optional H-190 LSD with the one from an R-200.

Going by part number the friction discs and plates have the same numbers so yes. I only took a quick look. The H-233 are different.

Where did you get an H-190 LSD? What is it out of?

The H190 I have is in my 69 roadster. I managed to snap the teeth off the spider gears. I found a part number for the gears in an H190 that is in the newer trucks but the gear is a good bit bigger. The spider gears are different in the roadster's posi versus open diff. What I did was machine the open diff gears and shaft to fit in the posi. It has held so far but I don't trust it. If the four gear setup in the R200 kinda looks like it might be the same size and could be made to fit in the H190. I just don't want to spend $$$ just to buy an R200 if someone out there has looked at both and/or tried this.

http://www.gordon-glasgow.org/lsd2.asp

This is what the roadster diff guts look like and if the clutch disks are the same in the 190 and 200, perhaps the pressure rings and side gears are the same.

Thanks

Phil

• Like 1

M30's have long nose R-200's like the 280z's. They have four spider gears also. I think they were all open diffs in the M30s. I think they used the ABS system to simulate a LSD. They are also very common in the pic and pull yards.

-Dime