no brake lights or dim headlights

when i got my 71 510 wagon the brake lights and dim on the headlights wont work, ive replaced all th bulbs in the taillights and all the fuses in the fuse block. but the lights for when the brake is held still will not work, and the dim set of headlights still wont work but they will come on when on bright. ive already changed the fuses checked every ground i could find and cleaned every connection that i could think of and just stumped any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

thanks

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cleaned the connectors at the relay & fuse box?

checked the brake light switch? (on the pedal box)

there is a small contact on the steering lever for hi/lo beams, that sometimes is broken, not making contact/dirty.

still sounds like a ground issue...

alternator???????????

when car not running the brake lights should work. So rules out the alternator unless its overchargingin and blowing up the bulbs

ck the switch at the pedal? Ones ide will have 12volts. if not ck the horn fuse(if a 510)or back of the fuse box. the wires can bust. If Horn works then this not the fuse.

wiggle the wire harness around by the fuse box strut area.

Icehouse told me there is a c clip splice that corrodes there(on wagoons) and if you wiggle the harness it might work.

need to people to ck this out