DATSUNS on playstation? (PS3)

well , on my hunt for parts for my NL320, I came across a wangan-midnight game released in Japan only for PS3, that has racing and drifting with vintage Datsun, nissan, Toyotas etc etc ...and I had to get it.

It came from Japan today....

it looks pretty sick. Its from a comic and anime series (if you didnt know)

sorta like Initial-D

I havent played it yet but I'm diggin the cover:cool:

wangan_midnight.jpg

The story gets its roots from the actual street racing that occurs on Tokyo's Shuto Expressway, one stretch of which is known as the "Wangan", literally meaning "bay side" (although it is generally used to refer to the freeway), the longest, straightest road in the entire country. Of course, there's also lots of traffic to contend with, including a fair number of heavy trucks. Because of this, the action is inherently hazardous, and wrecks are common. Blown engines are also a frequent hazard, especially with the extreme-high power engines. ...more

1235745523_36a9ece96f.jpg

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have this game for my PSP. Not the greatest game in the world, but it's not horrible, I guess.

2 inch PSP screen -VS-

my 40 inch HD screen

w/ Bose surround sound:D

squinting with your head down makes any game "not the greatest in the world":lol:

I got it strictly for the novelty.

If you want a great game

go get "Burn out" Paradise city

or DIRT, those 2 kick arse.

2 inch PSP screen -VS-

my 40 inch HD screen

w/ Bose surround sound:D

squinting with your head down makes any game "not the greatest in the world":lol:

I got it strictly for the novelty.

If you want a great game

go get "Burn out" Paradise city

or DIRT, those 2 kick arse.

It's not the medium it was being played on that made it a mediocre game. It was the game itself.

Also, you guys know that there are Datsuns in Gran Turismo right?

Wangan Midnight.

Early '70s model Z known as the Devil Z. Because all the previous owners died (except for the one that built it), and all the owners had the same name, Akio Asakura. It packs a l28 bored up and twin turbo on side draft carbs. In the manga he upgrades it to around 700 hp the last I heard. There is an entire sight to it, of which I am also a member of: wmexpressway.net

There is a series of games based off of it in the states known as Tokyo Extreme Racer, Import Tuner Challenge, and Street Supremacy on the PSP. From reviews I've read, what we get here pales in comparison to the actual Wangan Midnight series.

It was also in Forza 1 and 2. The 240Z in 1 and the 432R in 2. A 2+2 model in Sega GT 2002, Auto Modelissta on PS2 and a few others I can't remember.

Fail.

Look up a car list on Gran Turismo 4, maybe even in the earlier ones, but there are a handful of Datsuns in it. They may be listed as Nissan in the game, but it's all the same.

Fail.

Look up a car list on Gran Turismo 4, maybe even in the earlier ones, but there are a handful of Datsuns in it. They may be listed as Nissan in the game, but it's all the same.

I didn't fail because you apparently didn't read. I started the sentence with "It was also in...". I have GT 1-4, and own all the Z's in each, so I know what's there. I decided to list a few other games that it was in just in case others were interested.