quick question: Z22

BEEBANI

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thats a good price!

headgasket need new holes for water circulation and few holes too, dip stick is on the 'wrong' side. there is a good write up on the510realm w/details.

the LZ24 i have has the dipstick bent and accessible from the back, so i may do this to the LZ22 im building...

Okay I'm adding this not to be a na sayer :P but...... Why not use the KA24e head instead of the L one? Then you get 4 more valves EFI (I guess some z series have it already) Maybe I can get Cookapoop to step in for a bit. He is the frankenstein king when it comes to nissan engine conversions. I'm not 100% sure that it would work but he would know.

Jeff, I tried to call you the other night, I found a KA in Redmond WA, dude never called me back though. I'm watching for them, but keeping my options open for other ideas as well.

Sorry I missed your call my cell phone screen is fucked, so I have been leaving it home. Its to frustrating to carry with me, I miss calls and I can't call them back. Or even worse I switch to the other line then I can't get back to the original caller.... it sucks big time. I order one a week or so ago so it should be here by the time I get back from the beach on tuesday. I've been looking for a KA for you. No good deals yet.

Okay I'm adding this not to be a na sayer :P but...... Why not use the KA24e head instead of the L one? Then you get 4 more valves EFI (I guess some z series have it already) Maybe I can get Cookapoop to step in for a bit. He is the frankenstein king when it comes to nissan engine conversions. I'm not 100% sure that it would work but he would know.

Yes that will work.

here is an example.

IMG_0041-1.jpg

Z18ET bottom end

IMG_0042.jpg

KA head attached.

I took a KA head gasket and set it on top of the Z18 head gasket and they are the same. Its actually been a number of time. I met one guy at shasta that had near 275 hp on his Z22 BE with a KAe head!! To the ground!!!