Front coilovers

ratbones

Ok after driving the truck for a hundred miles after lowering it i am not enjoying the ride that much. I really like the stance of it and not wanting to change it if i dont have to. I think i am going to 4 link the rear and run coilovers. I have searched and have not found anything on doing them in the front though. Can anyone give me any tips or some links to some treads on the front? Thanks

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You need really need to ask yourself how far you want to go with this conversion. If you're going to do a motor swap in the near future, just go for a front clip graft. I regret not doing this with my build. I probably would have been done a long freakin time ago.

-B

You need really need to ask yourself how far you want to go with this conversion. If you're going to do a motor swap in the near future, just go for a front clip graft. I regret not doing this with my build. I probably would have been done a long freakin time ago.

-B

So what front clip do you recommend? The clip the engine came out of? Say if I was to put a VG30 into a 521?

The next one I do is gonna either be later model hardbody or maybe frontier/xterra. The nice thing about the frontier's is they used rack and pinion on the later ones, the downside is they have that morphadite bolt pattern--6 on 4.5 I think? I agree with Brian, after all the time I spent trying to make my truck suspension "newer" it would've been faster/cheaper to just graft a front clip on, drop the ka into the stock mounts and whammo!

• 3 weeks later...

2000 Honda rear coilover work great. there short and you can get them from Napa for 175 each or the wricking yard for 75 each. you dont have to do too much fabrication to put them in.

Aren't those a strut type???

Their isn't really a way to coilover anything cheaply they all cost money especially if you want it done right the first time. Spring rate 300 to 400lb works well on a truck they ride nice I drove clayton kc to california I like the way it rode. Defenetley might wanna get a ebiach springs so ya don't have any coil bind issues like the qa1 springs I think the ebiach springs are less coils per inch

Looks a little funky what's the spring rate? I belive you can get qa1 coilovers for somewhere in the ballpark of 400 bucks or so I picked up a used set off ebay for 190. I can post up pics of the qa1 coilover that fits a truck those s2000 are pretty long for a truck unless you raise the towers.