• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

lolwut

IMAG0209.jpg

Adam's brother dropped off two fenders, two doors, a cowl, valance, hood, and gauge cluster yesterday. started getting to work on cleaning them up a little before install. I need to swing by home depot and grab some bolt extractors. I know imma be breaking some when I goto replace this shit....

IMG952297.jpg

IMAG0217.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Thanks man. the crud left on there is where the paint is missing and its a little rusty. Matches the truck :rofl: Sucks I gotta work this weekend. Would have been a good project to do up.. then i'd just be left with the rockers and cab corners.

Yeah, those rockers and cab corners aren't going to be fun. I haven't pulled them out of the back yet, but looked to be plenty enough there! So far i've only cleaned up the hood and wiped down the doors & cowl. The gauge cluster you left me looks pretty damn nice man. All the pieces look to be in good shape, even the light holders I was after. Speaking of I need to count the lights and place an order for LEDs

^^ What man? :\ I bought these for my dime...

http://www.superbrig...wedge-base/197/

Heres what they did for me. And they are like a buck thirty a pop. I got out only spendin about 25 bucks to do all the lights in the dime, including shipping.

Before

IMG_20101120_202732.jpg

After

510gauge001.jpg

510gauge002.jpg

For the 620 cluster... You would need the following....

3x Red 90degree bulbs for dummy lights x $0.79

1x Blue 90degree bulb for the brights x $1.39

Idc to replace the turn signal bulbs... But figure 2x two green LEDS at $1.39

Now for the speedometer and gas/gauge clusters... Thats your choice. I didn't get 360 for the dime, i just bought 120degree ones and it was bright enough to see. Theres about a four dollar difference PER bulb depending on 360 to 120 degree.

at best figure 3x green (for stock colors) x $1.39

Total you're looking at about $11 plus shipping for all that.

Add about $14 bucks to that if you get three of the 360 degree bulbs.

http://www.superbrig...wedge-base/211/

Lulz, shit i think i just sold myself :blink:

Just ordered my LED's

Bought three red wedge based LEDs for the dummy lights, one for the brights. then three "Cool White" 220degree 5bulb wedge based for the cluster normal lights. Ill post results once I get them, before and after at night... Total cost? 18.57 Shipped!

Adam.

I ordered the WLED-CW5... they are color "Cool white" and 280? degree bulbs. Thats what they look like with the green covers still in the gauge cluster. If you order blue ones instead of cool white it makes a black light effect. Kind of neat, too. Then the orange needles really pop. You can pull apart your gauge cluster and take the green covers out like in the other thread and im sure it'd be a bit brighter, then you can get the exact color you want for your cluster lighting.

I cleaned the plastic cover last night a little, here it is with a quick wipe down.

IMAG0241.jpg

more back in the driver position

IMAG0242.jpg

Outside looking in

IMAG0243.jpg

They are nice and bright enough to be seen easily in the cab, but not blinding you.