Single points dizzy for pertronix

I have a '71 521 dizzy for an L16 but it's dual points so when I put the magnetic sleeve on the dizzy shaft, it was loose. :(

So I'm looking for a dizzy that will accept the pertronix.

I am also interested in the EI distributors that do not have the black box/module, because I have a HEI module in my Z that I can scavenge, if the price is right.

If you have the dizzy part number, and what year/model it is from, it would be helpful so I can compare. I only ask this because I have spun my wheels on this for a while and want to be absolutely positive that my pertronix will fit.

Part number can be located here if you didn't already know:

sfar5x.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Location, location, location...?

Somebody close by may have the part you need....:cool:

Not sure on the Year/Model. I'm thinking trucks/610/710 ....?

But some have extra metal on the shaft between the cam lobes and where the rotor slips on. Which wont allow the Pertronix "ring" to slide onto the lobes.

FYI

Ah I completely forgot about my user location.

I'm in Keller, Texas 76248

I read about that ring of metal on the shaft and that's why I'm worried about buying something and wasting my money on accident.

I have one it looks like a late style with the larger cap, the part number on it is 22100 N7410.

Let me know if you are interested,

Does it not have a PN along the lines of like D412-69, etc. ?

If you know what year/model I can find out if it will work. Or if the dizzy is taken apart to where you can measure the flats on the lobes, I can work with that.

The one I have, which has the smaller lobe flats that won't work. I also measured the rotor size from the flat. Here is what I got:

2z68mzl.jpg

zsluuw.jpg

I have a '71 521 dizzy for an L16 but it's dual points so when I put the magnetic sleeve on the dizzy shaft, it was loose. :(

So I'm looking for a dizzy that will accept the pertronix.

I am also interested in the EI distributors that do not have the black box/module, because I have a HEI module in my Z that I can scavenge, if the price is right.

If you have the dizzy part number, and what year/model it is from, it would be helpful so I can compare. I only ask this because I have spun my wheels on this for a while and want to be absolutely positive that my pertronix will fit.

Part number can be located here if you didn't already know:

sfar5x.jpg

I have attempted to try Pertronix several times over the years, and on different makes/models. Sloppy fitment as you describe has led me to return them every time, and I now refuse to use them. I will never bark up that tree again. I personally am running the late 70's EI dizzy w/ the GM HEI module, and quite satisfied with it's function. DatzenMike now has my matchbox~ but the way he salivated over the PN# @ Canby I doubt he'd let it go.... ;) All I can say from my experience with them is~ good luck, and don't let your wheels spin more than it's worth...

• 2 weeks later...

Pertronix will fit only the single point dizzys!!!!!!!!Period. Dual point magnet ring will be loose and you need the plate for the holes to mach up!!!!!!!!!!!

Pertronix fits these.

68-69 hitachi L16s and SSS dizzys

some Mitshibishi dizzys from imported L16/18s

L20s big cap single point dizzy but the ring boss needs to machined off otherwise magnet ring will not fit over on to point lobes.

alsway ask us first before buying!!!!!!!!

Personally I lOVE my Pertronix units. Just use the stock coil and ballast. or equivilant resistance to = 4amps or under

Nissan units are good also whe you can find them.

I'm not in need of a dizzy. I JB welded the magnet sleeve onto the cam... The base plate doesn't line up perfectly but two holes in the plate are close enough to screw it down and still allow the vacuum advance to work.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.