Books on Suspension

Jester

After doing some thinking and looking around at Canby this year I have decided that I would like to make a triangulated 4 link setup for my wagon. I know there are some here that have built their own, and they do look good. There just seems to be a lot of varying IDEAS of what works and what doesn't. Even after just one night of looking on the internet, I find there are a LOT of different ways to go about this and a lot of geometry to consider. I don't want to just go at this blind and start cobbling crap together and have it screw up the way my car CAN be. I want to do some reading and find out what will be the best for what I want.

With all that said, what suspension books would you folks recommend?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jes, i went to the library at school the other day and there was a bunch of different books on suspension. I was short on time, but i plan to go read more, might even bring some books home.

The little bit that i looked at was information overload when looking at true suspension dynamics. Way more goes into suspension than most people even realize. Most of which would be very hard to make perfect out of any garage.

Jes, i went to the library at school the other day and there was a bunch of different books on suspension. I was short on time, but i plan to go read more, might even bring some books home.

The little bit that i looked at was information overload when looking at true suspension dynamics. Way more goes into suspension than most people even realize. Most of which would be very hard to make perfect out of any garage.

Fill us in on what you find. Chassis engineering goes into the kind of detail it sounds like your talking about with all types of equations to work out.

I need to pull out my book, I want to do a 4 link in the goon I just picked up and think I've found a way on paper that can simplify the whole process. Need to look into some more though.

blink.gif Never even thought to go to the library. Look for a book on a specific topic at a place with a crap load of books???? lol.giflol.gif

Two posts for Chassis Engineering. I'll look for that one. Thanks guys. Any others?