73 datsun 1200 coupe

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah there are a few. Youi guys obviously missed the cordia turbo and 81 challenger aka galant lambda there too. I think the ranger is blocking the view of my montero turbo :) The lancer is sitting in the car port nedxt to the garage as well waiting for me to figure out what engine I wanna toss in it. Deboinair is in the garage and im working on trying to import a lanxer ex turbo along with a honda city turbo 2... Actually the back of the debonair can be seen in one of the shots lol, It has a sleeping bag on the back

I always wanted to try one of these 1200s. It's pretty fun b ut the spring rates feel way too soft. I gotta go see how I like driving it up in some twisties first. THe wats definitely made it more sure footed though. the extra tire makes the car nicer, but it also rubs a lil with 3 people in and hard turning or braking.

OI

Hello! this is the one that was for sale at Canby?? I talked to you just as you were looking at it to buy it...if you are that person?? that was really good deal, had I not just got the Sunny truck in Japan I would have picked this up..hell, I wanted it for parts just in case!! Good luck with the project, these are great little cars for sure!

eerie

yea.....

The guy selling it owned the orange one beside it I think, he was a really nice guy. There was a guy talking to him for a while so I figured that guy bought it, because when I walked back over there it was gone.....this was later in the day, so he probably just jumped in it and took off!! hahaha......

not quite that bad. They are

* front coils: 89.6 lb/in

* rear leafs: 109 lb/in

For a car that only weighs 1640 pounds (two hundred pounds lighter than a VW bug), this is pretty good. It's a good compromise of smoothness vs performance. American cars are usually sprung softer especially back in the 70s ... remember those wallowing pigs like the Pinto?