Spitin weber

superc_1

Install used weber, I'm getting hesitation when I give it the gas. I started out with the carb using the base line start point. Will this carb need a rebuild, and can you rebuild it without taking it off the truck? I get a small squirt at first then nothing. It does idle really nice. Any suggestion?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am having the same experience with mine. I also got a used Weber DGV 32/36 and as you mentioned there is a hesitation starting out and a broken stream with the accelerator pump movement. WOT is great and idle is too.

I would follow Hainz's advice about WD-40 or just rebuild it....the kit is cheap and you then know what has been done to the carb. After rebuilding a Hitachi the Weber is a cake walk!!:D

Aaron :D

sometimes corrosion stops that pluger or what ever it is from pushing in the diapram all the way. Or im My case it was stuck in the IN position and not comming out. Maybe yours not comming out all the way.

I havent ck up on my weber in while so I cant remember how good the stream of gas should be but im guessing good.

maybe buy a rebuild kit 29-35$ or order just a accell pump diaphram.

Maybe theres a hole in it.

ajust the timming again.

or maybe when it get reved up and starts going to the main jet(its Plugged)

I was abe to find a holley 5200 rebuild kit and it also says weber 32/36 on the side. Will this kit work? It looks like the same kit as you see elsewhere, and it is a lot more of a complete kit. At the lest I should be able to use the main parts out of it. I hope I'm thinking right! What do the pro's think. Let me know if ya'll think it will work, asap before I open the package and can't return it.

I was abe to find a holley 5200 rebuild kit and it also says weber 32/36 on the side. Will this kit work? It looks like the same kit as you see elsewhere, and it is a lot more of a complete kit. At the lest I should be able to use the main parts out of it. I hope I'm thinking right! What do the pro's think. Let me know if ya'll think it will work, asap before I open the package and can't return it.

Is there a customer service # or website you can visit listed on the package?? I would just give them a call before you open the package, they will be able to tell you if that part # will work on your Weber.

But I would follow Hainz's advice on the diaphram before opening the package. :D

• 1 month later...

I have an L16.

Starting with the weber....I got an assortment of jets from mnementh666 and a high rise adapter. Thanks man!! :cool:

Bored out the intake to match the adapter...BIG difference

The Weber jets:

Idle was 45/40 changed to 60/55

Primary was 122 changed to 140

Secondary was 127 changed to 160 (might switch the 140/160 to 160/140 to see if there is a torque difference.)

Idle feels very strong and deliberate. Good vibrations if you know what I mean.

FYI........

I was having that horrible dead spot at mid throttle and my truck was sucking fuel like mad. Now, with the larger jets I get better gas mileage and no more dead throttle....or backfiring. So those who were posting the hesatation problem with the Weber, try rejetting after you make sure you have no vaccuum leaks.

and oh man...when my secondary opens up it throws you back!!:eek:

I think the 5200 is manufactured by Holly under license from Weber. Weber jets won't fit it, as it uses Holly jets.... but Holly jets might be cheaper and easier to find at NAPA. The 5200 is reputed to wear the throttle shaft easily. They were used on Ford engines like the 2300.

You are wrong there mike.All the jets in a 5200 are identical to the weber.dgv or dfav.The only difference is there is only 1 side jet on some holleys.The venturis are different but interchangeable.The fuel pump is the same setup as a weber but adjustable and kits for the dfav and holley come with 2 options of diaphragm.I know this for a fact since I have a box full of webers and have 3 dattos all running them (dfav on the 620)and soon to have one on the vw.FYI