L series Intake manifold

Wanted;

Edelbrock or Offenhauser intake manifold, to suit L4 engines & accepting Holley 2 barrel carb (2300 series).

Offenhauser part numbers would be; 6213C or 6214C with a 6231 adapter.

Not interested in the dual port style manifolds!!!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have one for sale, but I have one that I bought for my race wagon. I thought you might like photo to use for your ad. I LOVE MINE!!! Weber 40DFAV1 bolted right on as does a 32/36.

EdelbrockIntake.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for that.

Unfortunately that isn't the one. That is one of the "dual port" versions, with a divider in the intake runners. I'm really after one of the intakes that don't have these. If I knew how far into the manifold these dividers went, it might be possible to mill them out (if they didn't go to deep). But I'm trying to avoid buying one, just in the hope that I could do that.

That is one of the "dual port" versions, with a divider in the intake runners. I'm really after one of the intakes that don't have these. If I knew how far into the manifold these dividers went, it might be possible to mill them out (if they didn't go to deep). But I'm trying to avoid buying one, just in the hope that I could do that.

Pretty sure they go all the way up to the carb? At least the one I used to have did.

As I recall, the idea was to completely separate the primary barrel from the secondary barrel in the intake tract. Supposed to help torque (small runner for low end, big runner for top end).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Pretty sure they go all the way up to the carb? At least the one I used to have did.

As I recall, the idea was to completely separate the primary barrel from the secondary barrel in the intake tract. Supposed to help torque (small runner for low end, big runner for top end).

Sounds good in theory but in practice the smaller primary, while forcing the air to flow faster, dumps into the huge intake port in the head and immediately slows down. Most gains are lost. The cross sectional area of the intake runner has a huge divider in there taking up space. You would think that one large runner would be better for top end.

Below is an old Offenhauser catalog page with the Datsun 2 barrel manifolds. It would appear that you are looking for a "C Series" manifold.

Looks like the P/N's are 6211C, 6212C, 6213C, 6214C or 6215C.

The ones with the "CW" sufix are the 32/36 Weber carb pattern.

I beleive I may have a "CW" manifold with a canted home made adapter to fit the 5200 Holley that I would sell. I will have to dig it out and take some pictures.

offenhauser-automotive-performance-products-000011.jpg

whats with all the silicone sealant under the carburetor flange?

I do not know what the silicone is for. I didn't figure it was important as the adapter isn't really worth anything as is because it tilts the carb. The car it was used on was a circle track mini modified. They installed the engine sitting straight up, not tilted to reduce left side weight.

The adapter comes with the manifold, for good or for bad. I suppose it could be modified for a standard engine tilt. I figured the pictures would be good enough to show what the adapter was and you could deside if it was something you wanted to mess with or toss. The $150 asking price is really for the manifold only. The adapter is free and you can do with it as you'd like.

Sorry that I didn't take the time initially to explain that the adapter was for an engine install at a non-stock angle and would likely be of little use as is.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.